Make your Magento 2 store faster by compressing your JPEG and PNG images.
This plugin automatically optimizes your images with TinyPNG and TinyJPG.
OverviewBack to top
TinyPNG and TinyJPG is a free online service for smart PNG and JPEG compression, trusted by thousands of companies around the world!
This plugin automatically optimizes the images in your store with TinyPNG and TinyJPG.
Your webshop will load faster for your visitors, and you’ll save storage space and bandwidth!
TinyPNG and TinyJPG use smart lossy compression techniques to reduce the file size of your image files.
By selectively decreasing the number of colors in the image, fewer bytes are required to store the data.
The effect is nearly invisible but it makes a very large difference in file size!
The files produced by TinyPNG are displayed perfectly on all modern browsers including mobile devices.
To use the TinyPNG service you need to sign up for a free account on the website!
A free account gives you 500 free compressions each month.
If you need more compressions you can upgrade your account, see the pricing here!
How does it work?
- When you view a product in your store, Magento creates different image sizes in its cache folders.
- This extension will compress these images for you automatically.
- Also, any image sizes in your store that are exact duplicates are detected by the extension and will only be compressed once
- Your product images are uploaded to the TinyJPG or TinyPNG service and analyzed to apply the best possible compression.
- Based on the content of the image an optimal strategy is chosen.
- The result is sent back to your Magento webshop and saved in your public media folder.
- On average JPEG images are compressed by 40-60% and PNG images by 50-80% without visible loss in quality.
- Obtain your free API key from https://tinypng.com/developers.
- The first 500 compressions per month are completely free, no strings attached!
- As each product will be shown in different sizes, between 50 and 100 products can be uploaded to your Magento store and compressed for free.
- You can also change which of types of image sizes should be compressed.
- If you’re a heavy user, you can compress additional images for a small additional fee per image by upgrading your account.
- You can keep track of the amount of compressions in the Magento 2 configuration section.
- Learn more about these services on https://tinypng.com/.
Got questions or feedback? Let us know! Contact us at email@example.com.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
Updated compatibility for Magento 2.1.6/2.1.7
Extension shows API connection status in configuration
Original filename appended for better SEO experience
Simplified error message texts
Updated compression count after image compression