Enables enhanced eCommerce tracking, advanced tracking and 15+ custom dimensions and metrics for sound data-driven decision making for eCommerce businesses in Google Analytics.
OverviewBack to top
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service offered by Google which offers site owners the meaningful insights into the browsing behavior of the users. In Google Analytics, reports are categorized into 4 sections: Audience, Acquisition, Behavior, and Conversions:
The audience reports in Google Analytics provide insight into the characteristics of users who have visited your site. Audiences in Analytics are users that you group together based on any combination of attributes that is meaningful to your business. For example, you might want to create an audience of users who have purchased in the last 12 months but not in the last 2 months. You can then remarket to this audience using Google Ads.
The Acquisition report in Google Analytics helps you in discovering how users arrive at your website. You can use these reports to understand whether users are coming from the organic search or paid campaigns or from any other channels. This also tells you how your different channels are performing in terms of the quality traffic in your store.
The Behavior reports in Google Analytics help you in understanding how users are interacting with your store pages, which pages are viewed the most and which pages are making your users leave your store. These insights help you in making sound technical decisions to improve on your store’s UX or to better your merchandising efforts.
This is the most important feature for the eCommerce businesses globally as it helps you understand your eCommerce business holistically. Ecommerce segment under conversions tab in Google Analytics provides you 9 enhanced eCommerce reports as explained below:
- Overview: The Overview report lets you see the overall state of your business, and provides three categories of related metrics:
- Revenue & Conversion Rate
- Shopping Behavior Analysis: The Shopping behavior analysis report lets you see the number of sessions that included each stage of your purchase funnel. It gives you a holistic view on which funnel step your site visitors are leaving you the most. The funnel steps are sessions for the site visit to product detailed views to cart abandonment to checkout abandonment to final purchase. This helps you in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of your purchase funnel.
- Checkout Behavior Analysis: The Checkout Behavior Analysis report lets you see how successfully your users moved through your checkout process. The checkout-funnel visualization illustrates how many users moved on from one step to the next, how many abandoned the process at each step, and how many entered the process at each step.
- Product Performance: The product performance report lets you see how your products are performing from two different points of view:
- Summary: Product performance in terms of revenue, price, and quantity. Includes two of the Shopping Behavior metrics.
- Sales Performance: The Sales performance reports in Google Analytics lets you evaluate your sales data by either of 2 primary dimensions:
- The Sales performance report includes metrics like revenue, shipping, tax, refund amount, quantity, discount, etc.
- Product List Performance: Product lists represent a logical grouping of your product in your store. The typical product lists for an eCommerce store are Category page, related products block, similar products block, any cross-sell or up-sell blocks, search pages, etc.
This product performance report in Google Analytics lets you see how a particular product list on your store is performing with the metrics such as product list views, product list clicks or product list CTR. This helps you in better merchandising your store for a higher conversion rate.
Custom Dimensions & Metrics
One of the most important features of Google Analytics is creating custom dimensions and metrics. In all of the reports mentioned above Google Analytics allows sending specific data points from your store. For example, on the order confirmation page, the required data points that have to be pushed are id, affiliation, revenue, tax, shipping, and coupon. Now say you want to see sales performance report based on the user role or based on the weekday or based on the city, then you can create custom dimensions for user role or for weekday or for city in pass that when the order confirmation page is called along with the necessary data points asked by Google Analytics. We have created 20 such custom dimensions and metrics in our extension. You can find the full list here.
Apart from the reports mentioned above Google Analytics also has advanced features like user-id tracking which enables you in cross-device tracking, client id tracking which helps you in creating audiences in Google Ads, content grouping from which you can create logical groups for your store like groups based on brands or categories, form field tracking which helps you see the tracking on checkout forms, IP anonymization, opt out and more. Our extension sets all these features in a single click on your store.
Our extension also helps you with setting up all of the above in under 5 minutes and enables you in sound data-driven decision making for your eCommerce business.
Account & Pricing
Google Analytics is a FREE of charge service offered by Google, that helps merchants and store owners gather valuable customer data and make data-driven decisions. You need to create a separate Google Analytics account here and link the account with your Magento 1 store using the current extension.
- Quick and easy configuration – 5 min set up
- Audience, Behavior and Acquisition tracking in GA
- Enhanced eCommerce reports
- Overview report
- Shopping behavior analysis
- Checkout behavior analysis
- Sales performance report
- Product performance report
- Product list performance report
- Internal promotion report
- Order coupon report
- Product coupon report
- Affiliate report
- IP anonymization
- Opt-out feature
- User id tracking
- Client id tracking
- Content grouping
- Form field tracking
- Product refund tracking in GA
- Custom Dimensions:
- Stock Status: Learn whether the product is in stock or out of stock. Keeping track of out of stock products will prevent you from acquiring traffic on the out of stock product URLs.
- Page Type: Identifies the type of the page. Example – Category Page, Product Page, etc. It helps you to compare the performance of different site sections.
- Product Discount: Getting Discount data in GA can actually help you in strategizing the discounts by analyzing the impact it is causing on the product demand and other key metrics
- Payment Method: Get insights into which Payment method (PayPal, credit card, etc.) is most popular for your store, which generates higher AOV and Transactions
- Shipping City & Billing city: Integrates the billing city & shipping city-data directly into your GA. It helps you learn about product demand using insights on Shipping & billing cities.
- Weekday: Learn whether a transaction was completed on weekday/ weekend. Helps you in comparing Weekdays v/s Weekend Performance
- Local timeslot of the day: Learn the local time slot during which maximum transactions happens in your store. This can help you improve your marketing activities across different geo-locations.
- User Type: Using this custom Dimension you will be able to differentiate users based on their checkout method. It will help you understand the popular checkout method of your store.
- The sequence at Product Page: Tracks the sequence in which product pages are viewed in a session. It will give you the idea as to which products are viewed can be offered as a part of the recommendation.
- Add to Cart Button Position: The following dimension helps you understand how the ‘Add to Cart’ button’s position impacts your CTR. Compare ‘Add to Cart’ buttons position above the fold & below the fold to take important design decisions.
- No. of Product in Stock: Using these custom dimensions you will be able to learn the stock availability of the product right into your Google Analytics. Understand how showing stock quantity of the products is impacting its sales.
- Time taken to make Purchase: Learn the time taken by users to make a purchase after landing on your store. It will help you make real-time offers to users.
- Time taken to add Product to Add to Cart: Learn the time taken by users to add the product to the cart after arriving on the product page. Insights generated from the data will help you strategize the promotional offers.
- Product Size: Track the size of the product in Google Analytics. This will help you analyze product sales in terms of its size.
- New Customer or Repeat customer: Learn if your orders are coming from new customers or repeat customers. Using this metric you can learn if your marketing campaign is bringing in new customers or repeated customers. If the campaign is bringing in repeat customers who anyway are going to come, you may want to improvise your marketing campaign to acquire new customers.
- Custom Metrics:
- Count the Orders of the registered customer: Count the numbers of orders of the Logged In or Registered customer of your site. Whether they have placed orders the first time or not?
- The total monetary value of products viewed: Learn the total monetary value of products viewed by a user in a single session. It helps you understand the total monetary value of products users generally view & what value of the product they end up buying.
- The number of clicks on Category Pages & Product Pages: Tracks numbers of clicks that happen on Category Page & Product Page. It helps you to understand user engagement.
- Custom development specifically catering to your requirements. Contact us at email@example.com to discuss your custom requirements.
How Does Our Extension Work?
- Fill in few details like Google Analytics property id, email id and select the features you want to enable for your store in the configuration settings of our extension and hit submit, our extension will start capturing everything mentioned above on your store.
- When you give us property id on which you want to push the data, our extension inserts GA snippet in your store’s header file.
- Our extension uses our own GTM where we have defined all the necessary tags and triggers. Hence, no need to focus on setting up GTM. If you still want to use your own GTM you may try our premium extension here.
- Once our extension is active on your store, it fetches relevant data from each of the eCommerce pages on your store using standard Magneto functions and pushes into your GA.
Support from our Expert: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.6 1.6.1 18.104.22.168 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3 1.9.4
- Stability: Stable Build
This is a new extension.