This module integrates WeChat Pay Overseas API for customers to pay via WeChat Pay on Magento cross-border stores.
OverviewBack to top
WeChat is Chinese social media (instant messaging, commerce and payment services) mobile application software developed by Tencent. It was first released in 2011 and by 2017. It was one of the largest standalone messaging apps by monthly active users, with over 963 million monthly active users. It is widely known as one of the world's most innovative and versatile app, as well as China's "App For Everything", with numerous unique functions and platforms ranging from 'payment' to 'social media' to 'services' to 'shopping' and more, that are equivalent to multiple Google Play or Apple Store's apps, but merged into one.
WeChat Pay is a digital wallet service incorporated into WeChat, which allows users to perform mobile payments and send money between contacts. As of March 2016, WeChat Pay has over 300 million users worldwide.The SunflowerBiz WeChat Pay Module integrates 3 WeChat Pay APIs: (1) QR Code API (2) JSAPI (3) H5 Payment API
PLEASE NOTE: We offer two different WeChat Pay extensions and it is important that you verify you are purchasing the correct one. This payment module integrates WeChat Pay Overseas API which is designed for overseas customers. Our China WeChat Pay module integrates the Native WeChat Pay API, oriented to local Chinese companies or companies with business license in China.
Account & Pricing
Before use this WeChat Pay overseas module, please register a WeChat Pay Overseas account on Wechat Pay official site. ADDITIONAL FEES APPLY FOR THE WeChat SERVICE.
(1) QR Code Payment API The Vendor generates a transaction QR Code according to the WeChat Payment Protocol and the Chinese Payer goes to "Scan QR Code" in their WeChat in order to complete payment. This mode is applicable to payments made on websites, physical stores, media advertising, or other scenarios.
4 Steps to Pay via QR Code API
- Use Wechat scan QR Code
- Confirm Pay
- Enter Password
- Payment successful
(2) WeChat Pay JSAPI The Chinese Payer opens the Vendor's HTML5 pages on their WeChat and calls the WeChat payment module via the JSAPI interface to pay their transaction.This mode is applicable in the following scenarios:
- The Chinese Payer enters the Vendor’s official account and completes their payment on the transaction page;
- The Chinese Payer’s friend shares the Vendor's payment URL in a chat or in Moments and the payer clicks the link to complete their payment;
- The Payer scans the payment QR Code displayed within the Vendor’s page and opens it in a browser to complete their payment.
5 Steps to Pay via WeChat Pay JSAPI
- Subscribe the vendors
- Enter password
- Payment successful
- Return the vendors page
- Customer receives message
(3) H5 Payment APIThe Chinese Payer opens the Vendor's HTML5 pages using non-wechat browsers to call wechat payment module via H5 Payment API to pay their transaction.Merchants are required to have h5 website and also their site has already finished ICP filing.
- Integrate WeChat Pay QR Code API
- Integrate WeChat Pay JSAPI
- Integrate H5 Payment API
- Need to register WeChat Social Media Account and WeChat Pay Merchant Account by submitting application form on WeChat pay official site (Extra fee may be charged by WeChat pay)
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Stable Build V 1.2.8