Split Backorders extension automatically creates a separate order with the status of “Backorder” for the products that are not in stock (products on backorder).
OverviewBack to top
Split Backorders extension automatically creates a separate order with status “Backorders” for the products that are not in stock(products on backorder). It helps the admin to track the list of backorders received from the website and then the admin can focus which products can be delivered on time and which items he needs to arrange or should get back in stock in order to fulfill customer demand or order placed for the same. This extension helps to increase sales by providing customers with the ability to order products that are out of stock (backorders).
The various functionality provided at the admin end helps the admin to get the order information in a very clear way. There are different conditions according to which the admin can make the split of orders at the backend as per required the required way. Like if the admin wants to club all backorders( products out of stock) in one order and does not want in-stock order to split at all then this can be achieved by saving the extension setting accordingly.
One of the main settings which are required to make in the products being added store is in the Inventory > Backorders either be “Allow quantity below 0” or “Allow quantity below 0 and Notify Customer”. The first option enables the customer to place an order which is out of stock and the second option allows the customer to place an order for an out of stock product and gets notified for the same. With the help of this extension the admin gets notified about the backorders it helps to maintain the stock availability in a proper way which ultimately keeps the store up to date.
- Splits the order according to stock status: Admin can easily split the in-stock and out of stock products easily at the backend which helps to get the details of the order in a proper way.
- Manage In stock and backorders separately: As the extension separates the in-stock and out stock products, it becomes easy for the admin to manage the items which are in-stock and which are out of separately.
- Helps to retain the customers visiting the website: As the customer is able to place an order for out of orders as well they get a sense of security that they would get their products, and the admin can also get notified about the products in demand.
- Helps the admin to keep track of the stock: With the help of this extension the admin gets notified about the backorders it helps to maintain the stock availability in a proper way which ultimately keeps the store up to date.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3 1.9.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Version : 1.0.0
Compatible with CE: 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x.
Stability: Stable Build
Stable Release of version 1.0.0 of Split Backorders.