This extension allows you to set shipping charges according to the chargeable weight. Chargeable weight is greater than the volumetric weight and product's actual weight
OverviewBack to top
This extension allows merchants to calculate shipping charges according to the volumetric weight rather than actual weight. Shipping charges can increase due to the volumetric weight, which is directly related to the amount of space that it occupies. If your package has a large size-to-weight ratio, you may need to consider your package's dimensional weight when calculating your shipping rates. Volumetric weight (Dimensional weight) reflects package density, which is the amount of space a package occupies in relation to its actual weight.
If you're shipping an item that takes up a lot of space but isn't very heavy, a shipping company might charge you for the item's dimensional weight instead of its actual weight. A less dense item may occupies more volume of space, in comparison to its actual weight. The volumetric or dimensional weight is calculated by the dimensional width, dimensional height and dimensional length of the consignment and compared with the actual weight of the shipment to ascertain which is greater, the higher weight is used to calculate the shipment cost.
How it calculates the Volumetric Weight
Measure the dimensional width, dimensional height and dimensional length of the consignment in centimeters.
Calculates the volume and divide it by Volumetric Weight Factor to get the dimensional weight in kilograms.
- Volumetric Weight=(Dimensional Length*Dimensional Height*Dimensional Width)/Volumetric Weight Factor
- If the dimensional weight is greater than the consignments actual weight, use the dimensional weight to calculate the rate.
- Easy to install
- Apply shipping according to the dimensional weight.
- Easy to disable and enable extension from admin.
- Avoid lengthy calculations.
- Improved user experience
- Used when you want volumetric shipping to be applied in your store.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Stable Version 1.0.0 of "Volumetric Shipping".