Royal Mail Shipping Manager extension integrates Royal Mail's shipping API V2 with Magento 2 to create the shipment and generate labels.
OverviewBack to top
Royal Mail is the UK's most trusted letters and parcels delivery company. It provides a 6-days-a-week, one-price-goes anywhere postal service across the UK. Royal Mail Shipping Manager module integrates Royal Mail's shipping API V2 with Magento 2. This integrates Royal Mail DMO features into Magento 2.
This extension integrates Royal Mail Shipping API V2 with Magento 2 Shipping process and will be compatible with Click & drop once the DMO is discontinued.
The Magento admin can manage shipping (create shipment/print label) using Magento's native interface used in the shipment process. There is no need to create shipments on the Royal Mail shipping panel, as this is automatically handled within Magento 2. The process is totally synchronised so that a shipment created in Magento 2 is automatically sent to the Royal mail shipping manager tool and labels are printed within Magento.
Please Note you will need an account on Royal Mail and API access to use this extension. Click here to register for Royal Mail shipping services.
Royal Mail Shipping Rates
Admin can manage Royal Mail shipping rates using rate matrix (Configure shipping rates) interface. Complex rate conditions based on weight and destination can also be configured easily. Shipping rates can be added in bulk using CSV import/export feature as well.
- Admin can ship orders in mass using "Ship with Royal Mail" mass action in order grid. This is very helpful for organisations having a large number of orders to be dispatched daily.
- This extension also allows sellers to ship Flat Rate/Table Rate orders with Royal Mail Service.
- Admin can create manifest manually or update the setting to automatically generate it at specified time.
- You can view all orders shipped via Royal Mail in one place.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Will DMO discontinuation has any effect on this extension?
The extension will be functional and has no effect even after the DMO is discontinued.
2. Will this extension work with Click & Drop?
Yes, by end of April 2018, the shipments created using this extension will show on Royal Mail Click & Drop interface as well. But this does not mean that the extension currently does not work with Click & Drop. It does and you will be able to generate the labels as normal within Magento.
3. Where can I find the demo of the extension?
Frontend Url: http://royalmail2.streammarket.co.uk/
4. Where can I find the help related to the extension?
Click here to download help document which will guide you step-by-step to configure the module, adding shipping rates, order processing, print shipping labels, etc.
5. Is your extension compatible with Magento 1?
Yes you can check at https://extensions.streammarket.co.uk/royal-mail-shipping-manager.html
6. Do you provide support and help to install the extension on our Magento website?
Yes, we offer free installation, 6 months free support and lifetime free upgrades.
7. What details do you need for installing the extension on our website?
In order to install the extension on your website, we need details:
SSH server OR control panel OR database access
Magento Admin login needed
Royal Mail Credentials needed which you need to request from your Royal Mail account manager - This includes Application ID, API Username, API Password
Developer Account needed on http://developer.royalmail.net/. We can also create a developer account with the help of above-given credentials but we will need an Email ID from you to link the account.
Allowed services and shipping rates and countries you ship as per your contract with Royal Mail
Royal Mail DMO credentials - https://app.rmdmo.onboarding.royalmail.com
8. Does this only work with DMO or will it work with Royal Mail OBA, PPI and CLICK AND DROP?
This integrates only DMO functionality through Royal Mail Shipping API V2(SOAP) as on https://developer.royalmail.net/api.
9. Is it possible to select if the shipment is a Large Letter or Parcel when select 24 / 48
Yes, the extension provides the ability to select the service from the valid list of services allowed by Royal Mail.
10. Is it possible for it to print the shipment label at the point I process the shipment?
Yes if the shipping method for the order was selected as Royal Mail then the shipping label can be generated at the same time by ticking the checkbox when doing shipment. You can print labels in three ways:
1. Open shipment view page of order after the shipment is created and print label.
2. From Sales>Orders grid, using mass action - Print Shipping Labels.
3. From Sales>Royal mail>Shipments
11. While doing mass shipment if any order fails due to address validation or any other issue then what happens?
If shipment for any order fails then it will have no effect on other orders in queue and they will be processed. On the same page, you will find the error and success message for each order with the link to open order detail page.
12. If I were to install a postcode verification system into our checkout page, would your system work alongside this?
Yes, it will work fine.
13. Is this extension compatible with Magento 2.1?
Yes, it is compatible with Magento 2.1 as well.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
The initial release of features:
- Royal Mail Shipping API V2 integration
- Create Royal Mail Shipment
- Print Shipping Label
- Manage Royal Mail Shipping Rates
- Manage manifest manually or update the setting to automatically generate it at specified time
- Ship orders in mass using "Ship with Royal Mail" mass action in order grid