OverviewBack to top
Splitit is a payment method solution enabling customers to pay for purchases with an existing debit or credit card by splitting the cost into interest and fee free monthly payments, without additional registrations or applications. Splitit enables merchants to offer their customers an easy way to pay for purchases in monthly instalments with instant approval, decreasing cart abandonment rates and increasing revenue. Serving many of Internet Retailer’s top 500 merchants, Splitit’s global footprint extends to hundreds of merchants in countries around the world. Headquartered in New York, Splitit has an R&D center in Israel and offices in London and Australia.
Splitit’s patented technology, created for Magento 2.x, is revolutionizing the retail world by enabling seamless installment payments for businesses of all sizes and type. With this payment method, ecommerce merchants can add an additional payment option to their checkout process that can decrease cart abandonment rates and increase ticket sizes. The Magento 2.x Splitit extension allows you to promote your products with the number of installments pre-calculated and featured in various locations throughout the site including your homepage, your product page and your cart. Splitit was carefully designed to meet all Magento best development practices and is compatible with all other extensions. Splitit integrates with all major credit card processors and gateways around the world, and is PCI DSS compliant. Thus, businesses worldwide can offer Splitit installment plans to consumers from any country.
Account & Pricing
In order to use Splitit services it is first required to sign up with us. While the extension is free, our service requires fees – you can review our fees when you fill out our application form - after you enter your merchant’s country.
- You have the option to promote your products with the number of installments pre-calculated under the product price.
- A Splitit button is added to your website for fast and easy checkout.
- At checkout, the shopper has the option to choose "Splitit Monthly Payments" as one of their payment methods. After the shopper chooses Splitit, the Splitit payment form appears and the shopper enters his credit card information and his desired number of installments. PCI regulated data is entered directly in the Splitit hosted payment form reducing merchant's PCI requirements.
- Splitit provides you with an additional POS for offline and phone orders.
- No Application, Registration or Credit Check is required to use to Splitit Installment Solution.
- Our solution promotes growth for ecommerce as well as in-store retail, and includes e-Wallet capabilities.
- Unlike consumer financing solutions, the core of Splitit is the ability to optimize a card holder’s unused credit line as security for an installment plan.
- The merchant does not assume any greater risk than they have with a regular card transaction, and the consumer can easily charge any purchase on their existing credit card and pay it back in monthly interest free installments.
- By offering customers affordable monthly payment options that fit any budget, you instantly increase their purchasing power
- Splitit patented solution works just like a regular credit card transaction and operates on your current payment gateway.
PCI / Security Features
- Our security solution depends on the method client chooses, to implement.
- For Splitit embedded solution – Clients need to be PCI certified, as card data passes through their server.
- For hosted solution (Redirect to Splitit checkout page) clients do not need to be concerned about PCI, as card is entered on Splitit site, which is a validated Level 1 PCI DSS Compliant Service Provider.
- Feature of Level 1 PCI DSS implemented are such as –
- Data Encryption Keys (DEKs) and Key Encryption Keys (KEKs) are encrypted with AES256 algorithm and Master Key is encrypted with RSA1024 algorithm.
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Implement WAF (Web Application Firewall) to protect against threads.
- Use File integrity products to detect malicious file access.
- Use intrusion detection systems.
- Monitor and analyze security alerts and information.
- Incorporate two-factor authentication for remote access.
- Deploy anti-virus software on all systems commonly affected by malicious software.
- Limit access to system components and cardholder data only to those individuals whose job requires such access
- Splitit is a PCI LEVEL 1 compliant payment method. We support both an embedded solution (API – shopper inserts cc data on merchat’s checkout page) as well as redirect (hosted solution – shopper inserts cc details inside Splitit payment form).
- The cc details are not stored on Magento servers at any time!!!
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
28 November, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Payment Integration
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
<li>environmental js & css urls adjusted to address the appropriate Splitit environment.</li>
<li>“hosted” was changed to “FlexFields” in environment urls</li>
<li>Update Magento/FF JS code to use FF.toggle() function</li>
<li>FF related code on Magento has been updated to the latest FF implementation.</li>
<li>Added client side functions to catch various errors.</li>
<li>The Splitit payment method radio button is unchecked even though the payment method is selected.</li>
<li>Security errors in console while loading js/css files from remote server</li>
<li>A broken Splitit image is shown during checkout page loading</li>
<li>The checkout (session) is intact but the Flex fields iframes are not loaded properly</li>
<li>FF iframes disappear after refreshing (F5 from keyboard) the checkout page</li>
<li>Error in Splitit_PaymentGateway/js/can_display_content.js ‘firstChild’ property is undefined</li>
<li>Fix for Compatibility issue in file : /eqp-automation/temp/splitit/paymentmethod/splitit-paymentmethod-0.2.1/Model/Ui/ConfigProvider.php</li>
<li>Addition of a json helper to support Magento 2.0 & 2.1 versions for json serialization</li>
<li>Compatibility with BrainTree plugin</li>
<li>Async event logic to cover for when redirection to success page fails</li>
<li>Compatibility with Magento versions 2.0.0-2.0.5</li>
<li>Creation of credit memo (refund) bug fix</li>
<li>Environmental js & css urls adjusted to address the appropriate Splitit environment.</li>
<li>“Hosted” was changed to “FlexFields” in environment urls</li>
<li>Update Magento/FF JS code to use FF.toggle() function</li>
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor