OverviewBack to top
The objective of this extension is to enhance the user experience by instantly notifying end customers and administrators via Short Messaging System (SMS) regarding their invoice, order, shipment/credit memo creation. The most interesting aspect of the Magento extension is that you can choose events for which you like to send notifications to customers as well as the admin. E.g. Order placed, Order Cancelled, Invoice Generated, Shipped, or Refund.
SMS has always been considered as a better option in comparison to email when it’s about notifying someone. SMS being a favorable option also helps in improving the overall customer experience of your store. Apart from notifying customers, the extension facilitates to notify the admin about customers' activities. For example, new order placement, cancellation, new customer registration, etc.
Account & Pricing
To use this extension, the admin needs to create an account for the related gateway he prefers to use and need to buy credits to send SMS notifications. You can create an account and have a look at their pricing plans below.
- Notify customers and admin via SMS about activities such as order placement or cancellation, invoice, shipment and credit note generation, etc. in Magento 2 store
- As soon as the mobile number is captured with the Magento 2 store, SMS notification is sent for each store and order activity
- Admin can activate or deactivate SMS Notification from the backend
- Create custom SMS templates with dynamic variables
- Make use of system variables like customer_name, order_id, shop_name,shop_url, and many others to prepare custom SMS notification texts
- Supports the world’s leading SMS service providers: Twilio and Msg91
- Enable/Disable customer notifications
- Admin can set a mobile number to get notified of each store order updates
- SMS notification enhances customer loyalty, build trust and credibility of your brand
Expand The API Section
First and foremost, you need to choose the API gateway which is to be used to send SMS notifications. Certain available options are Twilio and Msg91. In addition to this, you must create an account on respective SMS providers and enter the authentication details from your account. For Twilio, you need to enter SID, Token, and Number assigned to your Twilio account. For Msg91, you need to enter Sender Id, Authentication Key, and need to choose the message type which is the "Transactional" or "Promotional".
Once saved, whenever a new order is placed or canceled or an invoice or shipment or credit note is generated, the admin and customer will receive an SMS for the related activity. For customers to receive a notification, the mobile number needs to be captured by the system first from the checkout or any other page.
Message Text For Customer
This can be done after an order is placed or canceled or an invoice generated, after shipment, and even after a credit memo. The same can be done when you need to expand message text for admin.
Any help regarding extension can be accessed from
We do have prepared an extension demo here for your more information.
In case you need help from our support, feel free to contact us.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
20 October, 2020
Extensions, Customer Support
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
- Compatibility support for Magento 2.4
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
The first version of the Magento 2 SMS Notification extension by Sparsh Magento Development Team.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor