SmartFrame protects your JPEG images from right-click, screenshot attempts and from any malicious web crawler. It also optimizes images size and speeds up your website.
Other Extensions by SmartFrame Technologies Ltd
OverviewBack to top
SmartFrame is a new image standard that protects your product images from being copied, downloaded or used in any unintended way. When you use the SmartFrame extension for Magento, your product images are protected from right-click actions and common screenshot attempts, which will discourage most users from trying to copy your images. Furthermore, they also disappear from that page’s source code, which protects your images from malicious web crawlers that may try to scrape your site’s content. On top of that, you don’t need to choose between image quality and page speed.
SmartFrame uses a proprietary algorithm to compress JPEG images and maintain page load speeds. Whenever a page with embedded SmartFrames is loaded, images are optimized to match the resolution of the device used to display them. This means that images displayed on the average smartphone or tablet, for example, will be rendered at a lower resolution than on a Retina display.
How Does It Work?
Once the SmartFrame extension is active in your Magento site, it replaces the <img> tags of your product images with our <smart-frame> encrypted version. To your audience, it will appear as a regular image, but it will be protected against any download attempts. You can always select which of your store products should have their images protected and optimized by SmartFrame:
- In the Catalog page, select which products need SmartFrame protection and optimization
- In the Actions menu, select Enable SmartFrame before clicking Submit
SmartFrame will never upscale your images, so you should make sure that the images you initially upload to the SmartFrame Cloud are in a high enough resolution to look good across all devices. The size and resolution of the original image will not affect the page loading speed, although low-resolution images aren’t ideal for display on high-resolution displays, and these may also limit the performance of the Hyper Zoom feature.
You can also select the image type to be used as a SmartFrame and the appearance of the images once they are converted to SmartFrames. Just go to the SmartFrame Settings page (System > Configuration > SmartFrame) and configure your default SmartFrame options.
Account & Pricing
A SmartFrame Enterprise account is required to use the extension. To create your enterprise account, please get in touch with us. Our sales team will assist you shortly. And, to obtain more information about pricing, also please get in touch with us.
This extension allows you to optimize how images are displayed and adds the following features:
- The best online image security – add image watermarks, prevent hotlinking, disable right-clicking and program a copyright notice to appear directly over the image upon any attempt to copy or download it. Images are completely invisible to malicious bots.
- Faster and more responsive images – automatically compress JPEG images and speed up Magento. Always loads the image in the appropriate quality and size for the display device.
- Zoom and full-screen viewing – zoom into the image to 100% (actual size) without any negative impact on your page speed. Display images in a full-screen viewing mode with one click.
- Embed images with configurable buttons and an image caption – add controls for image sharing and full-screen viewing, and place interactive text over the image. All of this is retained if the image is embedded on another website.
- Right-click and screenshot protection
- Customizable watermark
- Hyper zoom
- Fullscreen button
- Customizable share or call-to-action buttons
- Custom caption over images
Security & Copyright Protection
This technology means that your images are not only protected from right-clicks and common screenshot attempts, but they cannot be found in the source code either. This will discourage most users from stealing your images, but it will also protect you from any malicious web crawlers that may try to scrape your content.SmartFrame offers far more than simple, right-click protection. Here’s what happens when you publish an image on your website via SmartFrame:
- The original image is uploaded and stored securely in the SmartFrame Cloud. You maintain the image’s copyright and you can access, replace or remove it at any time.
- An encrypted version of the image is then published on your website.
- The image can only be decrypted by the SmartFrame Viewer, which is added to your website when you publish an image using the SmartFrame extension.
- Your image is then rendered directly onto HTML canvas in the end-users browser.
Boost Your Images
SmartFrame’s Hyper Zoom feature allows you to zoom right up to the original size of the image. The technology renders the image anew with every zoom level, so the initial loading speed is not affected. Hyper Zoom is also optimized for mobile and tablet viewing, where it is accessed through a pinch gesture instead of tapping. It works in the same way as on a desktop, with the image rendered at a higher resolution with each pinch.
Sharing your images doesn’t mean risking their security; SmartFrame’s Share button allows images to be shared on your terms. It’s never the original image that’s being shared, only its encrypted SmartFramed counterpart, which means that any caption and copyright information included in your SmartFrame are also passed along, wherever the image is shared.
Pro Tip: SmartFrame tracks where and when your images are being shared. You can access this data in the Insights section of the SmartFrame Admin Panel.
Every time you add an image to your website via SmartFrame, you can add a caption to it. Depending on the Theme you select, captions will be placed over the image at all times (Security Theme) or only on a mouseover action (Presentation Theme).
If you enable the Full-screen button, your images will be available to view in full-screen mode. Since the full-screen image is only rendered in a high resolution once someone clicks this button, this feature does not affect the page load speed.
- Which image formats does SmartFrame support? SmartFrame currently supports JPEG images.
- What happens to the SmartFrame images when you deactivate or delete the extension? If you deactivate or delete the SmartFrame extension, your images are instantly converted to the original file format and will remain visible on your website.
- What is the difference between SmartFrame and other image compression extensions?Unlike most image-compression solutions, the SmartFrame extension doesn’t change the size or quality of your original image. Instead, every time you publish an image using the SmartFrame extension, it’s displayed on your page in the appropriate size and resolution for the device used to display it. That means that when displaying an image on the average smartphone, it will typically be loaded at a much smaller resolution than on a high-resolution computer display.
- Will SmartFrame have a negative impact on my SEO? SmartFrame has no negative effect on your SEO ranking. All images converted to SmartFrames will remain visible to search engine crawlers as small JPEG thumbnails. You can adjust these settings in the Control section of the SmartFrame Admin Panel.
- Does the extension work with every browser? SmartFrame is fully compatible with Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers. You can find more information here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Beta Build
- First release.