Antivirus Site Protection is the security extension to prevent/detect and remove malicious viruses and suspicious codes.
OverviewBack to top
Antivirus Site Protection, by SiteGuarding.com, is a security service that protects your website against malware and hacker exploits. Siteguarding Ltd. is a global cybersecurity company. We have more than 8 years' experience in working with websites. Siteguarding security services offer the most simple and effective means for consumers around the world to protect their data and identity. Our digital world is constantly changing, so at Siteguarding we never rest. We have the seasoned security experts, who spend their days learning new technologies.
Our strategic goal is to develop the highest-grade Security Tools that provide an impenetrable barrier to all present and future computer threats without exception. Our tools set themselves apart from all other vendor products by not adhering to an update schedule. The release of a virus update is immediate once a new threat appears and is analyzed. We have our own virus monitoring service and analytical laboratory. This provides a rapid response to latest threats and allows us to solve any problems of customers in a few hours. We don't use only automatic scans and methods. Every website we clean manually to get results that are more accurate.
Antivirus Site Protection scans not only theme files, it scans and analyzes all the files of your website (theme files, all the files of the modules, files in upload folder and etc).
It detects: backdoors, rootkits, trojan horses, worms, fraudtools, adware, spyware, hidden links, redirection and etc.
This extension will be especially useful for everybody who downloads themes and modules from torrents and websites with free stuff instead of purchase the original copies from the developers. You will be shocked, how many free gifts they have inside.
To use this extension you should register your website in our system (registration page will be available after intallation in the Admin Panel). This extension is free but has limited free functionality. More information about prices can be found here: Malware Protection (includes cleaning) and Malware Removal
How it works
- 1. Registration. To communicate with SiteGuarding API, your website has to get session access key. Extension sends information about your website (domain and email) to SiteGuarding server. After successful registration your website will get unique access key. Please note: This action requires your permission and confirmation (nothing will be sent to SiteGuarding server without your permission).
- 2. Scan process. During the scanning process, extension will read all the files of your website and will analyze them. Information about the files with suspicious codes will be sent to SiteGuarding server for extra analyze and for report generation. Generated report will be sent back to you (the copy of the report you will get by email). Please note: Extension sends and receives the data to SiteGuarding.com API.
- Deep scan of every file on your website;
- Daily update of the virus database;
- Heuristic Logic feature;
- Quarantine & Malware removal feature;
- Alerts and Notifications in admin area and by email;
- Daily cron feature;
- Scanner can detect a wide list of malware types;
- Whitelist solution after manual review;
- Possibility to upload suspicious files to www.siteguarding.com server for review by experts;
- View Security reports online.
Protect your website before the problems come. Monitor your website and minimize incident time with our automated scans
Antivirus Site Protection extension is a great solution for all website owners. It was developed by our engineers who has a many years experience in website security. Our extension intelligently crawl your website and identify all possible infections and backdoors on your website. Every day we update database and add new logics and functions (Heuristic Logic feature) to keep your website safe.
The list of malware types what scanner can detect:
- Website Defacements (When hackers break in to your website they can change the appearance of your website or a webpage. We have set up a feature that can help you prevent any changes on your website);
- Hidden iFrames (If hacker gets an access to your website FTP they usually set up a hidden iFrame. That way they can use your website to get the viruses on your visitors computers);
- PHP Mailers (Sometimes hackers use your website to send a SPAM emails from your web server. Our smart scanning extension was made to detect all possible PHP mailing scripts on your website and prevent your website from sending SPAM);
- Social Engineering Attacks (There are a lot of social engineering methods to get an access to your website. Our scanning software will help you to protect your website);
- Phishing Page Detection (Hackers can install a phishing page on your website without you knowing it. Sometimes they can use your website);
- Website Backdoors (Allow to get full control on website and server);
- Website Anomalies;
- Cross Site Scripting (XSS);
- .htaccess (Hack Detection);
- Rootkitsand variants of this type of malware;
- Trojan horses;
- Internet worms;
- Adware and spyware scrips and much more
Q: Will Antivirus Site Protection extension slow my site down?
A: Absolutely No.
Q: How often do you update your virus database?
A: When we find a new malware code, we analyze it and add the malware signature to our database. Once per day, sometimes 2-3 times per day.
Q: My website is hacked, can you help to clean it and protect?
A: Yes, we provide this kind of services. But it’s not free. For more information please contact us (https://www.siteguarding.com/en/contacts)
Q: Antivirus Site Protection found malware on my website. What should I do?
A: If you have PRO version of Antivirus Site Protection, you can contact us and we will clean your website for free of charge. If you have basic version, you can try to clean your website by yourself. E.g. you can simple delete the file with malware code. BUT you need to be sure that it’s not a part of your website. Sometimes hackers modify important files of the website and hide their malware codes inside of these files. If you simple delete these files, your website will stop to work. We advice to get PRO version and our security experts will clean your website.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build