KEEP YOUR WEBSITE SECURE - This easy to use plugin allows you to monitor your entire site for unwanted file changes and promptly notify you of any unexpected changes.
OverviewBack to top
The SharkGate File Monitor extension provides Magento site owners with much needed visibility about any such modifications to the files of their site. It monitors all the files of your website and informs via email immediately if any files are changed, deleted or new ones added. Adding this extension to your site provides an amazing first warning bell of any potential malicious activity on your website.
Google figures suggest that every day, hackers infect another 50,000 websites (approx.) around the internet. Magento websites are a prime target for such hacker attacks as they tend to represent commerce stores with payment systems and so are a more money rich target for hackers.
One of the first signs a site has been hacked is the appearance of lots of new files placed onto the website. Of course, there may be an innocent reason for these additional files - they might have been caused by a caching system or an automatic upgrade for example - but at least if a site owner is informed that 100 new files have been added to the website (including their locations and file names) in the last hour it helps build awareness and provides the owner and their development team with visibility of the changes that are happening on their site. They can then check these files to see if they were expected changes or possibly caused by hackers breaking into their site.
- Email notification of any files added or modified on the website.
- Scheduled Scans - Setup a schedule for the file modification check times (Hourly, Four Times a Day, Twice Daily and Daily).
- Manual Scans - Ability to request an immediate check for any recently modified files.
- Option to exclude specific files and folders from any scans (for example a cache folder, an error log files, etc)
- Option to exclude specific file extensions from any scans (for example .txt, .css, etc)
Questions and Support
For any further questions or clarifications needed, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Our team will gladly answer any questions and of course be there to help you install or configure this extension.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 22.214.171.124 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- In order to run this extension, cron must be enabled on this server. More info on how to enable cron via cPanel or Terminal can be found at FileMonitor admin page.
- If FileMonitor page returns 404 error after installing it, please, log out from the Magento Admin and log in again.
- scheduled scans
- manual scan
- different cron time intervals (Hourly, Four Times a Day, Twice Daily and Daily)
- email notifications with option to add email or leave blank for the default store email
- option to exclude specific files and folders from scan
- option to exclude specific extensions from scan