Sezzle is an alternative payment platform that increases sales by enabling customers to 'buy now and pay later' with interest-free installment plans.
Other Extensions by Sezzle Inc
OverviewBack to top
Sezzle is an alternative payment platform that increases sales and basket sizes by enabling your customers to 'buy now and pay later' with interest-free installment plans. Sezzle collects 25% of the purchase price from the consumer at the time of purchase, but pays the merchant the full purchase price upfront, less their fee. The merchant assumes no credit or fraud risk. Sezzle then schedules three additional installments of 25% to be automatically debited from the consumer every two weeks, completely interest- and fee-free.
You must create a Sezzle account before you will be able to accept payments with Sezzle. To sign up, click here. Although the extension is free, Sezzle does charge a per transaction fee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.651.504.5294 to learn more about pricing.
Sezzle is ideal for merchants that cater to young consumers, with order values typically between $50-$500, although we do accept orders up to $1,000. Sezzle increases consumers' purchasing power and is most heavily used by those without a credit card (63% of millennials do not own a credit card), or those with a very low credit limit on their card. However, a wide range of consumers use Sezzle, both in terms of age and financial situation.
Our extension includes a payment gateway, which will enable Sezzle as a payment option in your checkout. Once a customer selects Sezzle as their payment option, they are redirected to our secure checkout, after which they are taken back to your store to view purchase details. The extension also includes a widget that displays a dynamic installment amount on your product and cart pages, which is proven to increase conversions and basket sizes.
Sezzle provides value by:
- Increasing sales. We're currently providing a 5% increase in incremental sales and a 50% lift in average order values.
- Decreasing cart abandonment. 72% of consumers cite "an order becoming too expensive" as a top reason for cart abandonment, according to a recent survey cited by eMarketer.
- Removing all credit and fraud risk. Sezzle pays its merchant partners upfront for the entire purchase total, assuming all the risk from the transaction.
Sezzle undergoes quarterly audits for Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, to ensure consumers' data is safely stored on our systems. We are currently certified up to PCI DSS Level 4.
How Sezzle Works
We gather customer info from the checkout to speed new users through a 1-minute sign-up process.
We don't use credit scores. Our proprietary risk model enables us to approve more shoppers than the competition, leading to more sales for our merchant partners.
Sezzle settles upfront with our merchant partners. We assume all credit and fraud risk so you can focus on sales.
You can ship product to your customer immediately. Once approved, your payment is guaranteed.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Compatible with EE: 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2 1.14.3
- Stability: Stable Build
The following are the highlights of this version:
1. We now capture only after an order is created.
2. Fail the order creation if capture is not possible.
3. Sezzle related logs are now submitted to us to enable proactive debugging.
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 184.108.40.206 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Compatible with EE: 1.11 1.11.1 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2 1.14.3
- Stability: Stable Build
The naming of the payment type has moved from just "pay" to "sezzlepay" for reporting purposes. All older installations will need to either have the directory structure moved or do a full uninstall and re-install of the updated module.