OverviewBack to top
Subcategory extension for Magento2 introduces an extra feature that lets you display the subcategories on the category page. You can add an image, description, and select the number of columns you want your subcategories to appear in. And depending upon that you can have a grid view or a list view. Your store will be much easier to browse. It makes up for an incredible user experience. Mainly, stores with several categories and subcategories can utilize this extension to improve their user interface.
The main purpose of this extension is to incorporate an extra layer of navigation so that users can see subcategories on the category page for convenient browsing. Previously, Magento’s default functionality did not let us display subcategories under a category page. We have created a widget that automatically fetches your subcategories on the category page while you can provide the image and the description for each one of them from the Catalog > Categories > Sub-сategories Settings.
User experience is one of the key aspects of any e-commerce store. If you are not pointing your customers in the right direction in your store then they are most likely to get confused and won’t come back. Stores with tons of products need to provide proper paths. Using this extension you can properly display subcategories on a category page. The Magento 2 out of the box settings does not let you display subcategories on a category page which is a deal-breaker for customers in complex stores. You need to provide a proper path so the users do not need to think a lot and they can browse the store easily.
- The extension extends the default Category feature of Magento 2.
- It enables you to display sub-categories in a grid/list format on a category page.
- You can add the thumbnail image for each of the Subcategories.
- You can add the description for each of the subcategories.
- Options to customize images such as background color, height, and width.
- It also has an option to select the number of columns you want your subcategories to appear in.
- You can select Display Mode as “Subcategories only” from Admin > Catalog > Categories > Display Settings.
- Separate widget to automatically fetch subcategories on the category page.
- Ability to reuse this widget on different pages such as promotional pages.
- Provides ease of access to your store.
- Easy to use and manage from the back-end.
- You can enable or disable the features such as background color of description, thumbnail placeholder image, thumbnail width, and height from the admin panel.
- It is a unique module rarely available in the market.
- This module fully supports multi-stores and websites.
- User-friendly interface.
- Easy to install and manage.
We have implemented this module on our demo site to have a look.
We provide 60 days of free support and free upgrade from the date of purchase for any standard Magento site. Installation service is also available with a minimal charge of £50 with 6 months of free support and free upgrade for any standard Magento site. If you need any help with this extension or you want to enhance this extension to meet your business needs, please contact email@example.com and we will get in touch with you. And if we like your idea we might do the solution at the discounted rate or for free.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
13 June, 2022
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
2.0.5 - Fixed Marketplace Issue
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
2.0.2 - Added feature to hide sub-category from the category pages when sub-category is set to inactive in the admin panel. Also checking if the module is enabled or disabled to show sub-category view on the frontend.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor