This extension allows you to increase your overall scoring against Google PageSpeed Insights tool by optimising all your images on your Magento 1 site.
OverviewBack to top
One of the topmost thing which can contribute to speed up your website is optimized and compressed images. Using high res images may make your website look aesthetically pleasing but it can seriously slow down the performance. The best solution for this is image optimization.
Optimizing images allows you to compress images in the best way possible to ensure high functionality. Optimization, however, can differ from image to image depending on factors like the format, quality, size etc.
Our extension helps in compressing and optimizing product images automatically without compromising any quality. It improves site performance which in turn helps in better user experience and brings more sale to the site.
For e.g Click here to check the Speed and Performance of Scommerce Mage Site where we implemented the extension for ourselves.
The extension is very easily manageable from configurations. Below are the main features of the extensions:
- The extension optimises and compresses all product images (small, thumbnail and large)
- It further optimizes cached product images on the fly (small, thumbnail and large)
- The extension optimizes the new product images when you upload via site admin and existing product images via cron job
- It optimizes the new banner or static images when you upload via site admin and existing images via given URL
- The extension generates compressed images without compromising the quality of the image
- It backs up the original product and static images by default, so you can revert back to original images if needed
- It uses smush.it API to compress images which have reached almost 2 billion marks to compress images worldwide and it's absolutely free
- It gives you the option to integrate with other images optimization APIs like ImageOptim and Kraken.IO
- It optimizes images for the most standard file types (PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP and TIF)
- It allows reductions to 80% by using different algorithms like PNGQuant, JPEGOptim, and OptiPNG.
- It gives great results on Pingdom Performance and Google Speed tests
- The extension helps in improving SEO of your website because fast pages mean better ranking in Google
- It reduces the bandwidth of your website by at least 50%
- It fully supports multistore environment
- The extension can be completely disabled whenever required from system configuration in admin
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.4 188.8.131.52 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 184.108.40.206 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
2.0.0 Added more API's option for Image Optimisation