OverviewBack to top
The Product Shelf Life extension for Magento 2 manages the product stock as per the batch product. The products whose shelf life is nearing its end will be prioritized and taken out of stock and sold first. It efficiently manages the shelf life of products and improves inventory management.
Normally, there are different types of products available in the store/business and they are maintained based on the expiry date. If the product is expired, then we cannot keep it for sales in the store because it is illegal to sell.
Determining the shelf life of processed foods is one of the main problems faced by food companies when launching a product to market, or when modifying some of its ingredients. That is why it is very important to have a module that creates batches of products and on order placement, the stock will be deducted from the batch of product which expires soon.
With the help of our extension, you can easily manage the product stock and the shelf life of your products. It makes sales management comfortable and convenient by creating/associating product batches to the product. A product can have multiple batch levels with batch number, stock, and expiry date.
- Allows you to add/create a new batch from the product batches grid
- Sends an email notification to admin for batch expiration
- Easy to update and edit batch details
- Allows you to add a specific batch to the product from the catalog->products page
- Easily "Enable" or "Disable" the batch from the batch grid
- Admin can import/export the product batch levels and associate batch level to product
- Easily add/delete/update Product batches from the back-end
- Admin can easily manage the Product batches from the back-end
- Batch import updates stock quantity and disables batches if they are expired
- Shows batch code, batch qty and batch expiry with the order, invoice and credit memo in admin
- Doesn't allow deleting batch if it is associated with any order
- Refund or cancel puts the qty back to the same batch where the order was placed regardless of batch being expired or disabled
- Optimizes stock by taking into account the shelf life of products and based on the expiry date the products will be prioritized and taken out of the stock first
- Generates the batch stock report which contains information about the batches
- A handy and easily manageable batch grid on the product page
- Shows associated product SKU on the batch details page
- Organizes products by batch based on shelf life
- Prioritizes the sale of products whose shelf life is nearing their end
- Eliminates the risk of shipping a product whose shelf life has expired
- Anticipate the loss of Inventory
- Can be completely disabled if required from configurations
- User-friendly interface
- Easy to install and manage
We have implemented this module on our demo website magento2demo.scommerce-mage.co.uk for you to have a look.
We provide 60 days free support and free upgrade from the date of purchase for any standard Magento site. Installation service is also available with a minimal charge of £50 with 6 months free support and free upgrade for any standard Magento site. If you need any help with this extension or you want to enhance this extension to meet your business needs, please contact email@example.com and we will get in touch with you. And if we like your idea we might do the solution at the discounted rate or for free.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.2, 2.3
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.2, 2.3
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.2, 2.3
07 October, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Product Content
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
ver 2.0.1 - Fixed Credit Memo issue when the extension is disabled
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor