OverviewBack to top
Our Canonical URLS extension resolves a major issue of content duplication. It does this in a number of ways, including selecting the preferred URL for you. There are 2 main things to consider. First, full duplication - which is when the content on 2 or more pages is identical. i.e. same product in different categories. Second - partial duplication - which is when only the minor part of the content (or layout) is unique. I.e. sorting products, pagination, variations of the same product, and so on. Thus, URLs should be different (else you will be penalized by Google). The pages will be accessible to the users&also redirect the crawlers to the correct page - critical for SEO.
This module allows you to set a canonical URL link tag in the head section for the category, product, and CMS pages on your Magento 2 website. It comes with a robots meta tag that you can set on every individual page. On each page, using this extension, you can set (a) no index, no follow, (b) index, no follow, and, (c) no index, follow.
- Allows you to add or override the canonical URL tag for category pages.
- Allows you to add or override the canonical URL tag for product pages with or without the category path.
- Allows you to add the primary category path in the canonical tag for the product pages.
- Allows you to add the canonical URL tag for the CMS pages.
- Allows you to set “no index” and also “no follow” any page of your website, including specific CMS, product and category pages.
- Allows you to map one category to another for the canonical URL tags.
- E.g. shoes -> heels & shoes -> new style. You can have shoes category as canonical tags.
- Allows you to append text to all category canonical URLs – working extremely well when you have filters, pagination&sorting on category pages.
- E.g. you can add ?limit=all to all of the category pages, meaning Google will only index one unique category URL, instead of multiple versions of the same category page.
- Resolves the duplicate content problem for your site, as the search engines will find one unique URL for each page of your site with the help of canonical tags.
- Fully supports multi-websites and multi-stores.
- Can be used in conjunction with Magento inbuilt canonical tag functionalities.
- Can be completely disabled whenever required, via a system configuration in the admin.
We have implemented this module on our demo website for you to have a look at http://demo2.scommerce-mage.co.uk/.
We provide 60 days free support and free upgrade from the date of purchase for any standard Magento site. Installation service is also available with a minimal charge of £50 with 6 months free support and free upgrade for any standard Magento site. If you need any help with this extension or you want to enhance this extension to meet your business needs, please contact email@example.com and we will get in touch with you. And if we like your idea we might do the solution at a discounted rate or for free.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
02 September, 2020
Extensions, Marketing, SEO/SEM
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
2.0.10 - Removed external links from the configuration
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor