The GDPR extension makes your Magento site GDPR Compliance. It implements cookie notification and customer data deletion along with anonymization of sales data.
OverviewBack to top
The General Data Protection Regulation is a major step in digital privacy and is the result of a long process settled in European values. It aims at strengthening laws on data protection, thereby giving EU citizens control over their personal data, while emphasizing the ideas of freedom, security, and equality within the European Union. The Regulation will apply from 25th of May 2018.
All businesses that handle personal data must ensure that they are aware of the new rules and must examine the processes which they currently have in place to ensure they continue to comply with the law.
Scommerce Mage's GDPR extension allows you to make your Magento 1 store GDPR compliance. It supports cookie compliance and customer data deletion along with anonymization of the transaction data
Below are the main features of the extension:
- It allows you to implement cookie compliance customized notification message on your website
- The cookie notification banner requesting user consent appears as soon as the user lands up on your website
- The cookie notification can be optional or mandatory for customers to accept before browsing through the website
- The cookie message is fully manageable from configurations
- It allows you to manage text and background color of the cookie message via admin panel so that you can match your brand color without changing the code
- The message is always displayed at the top of the page so that it's clearly visible to the user
- All the messages/texts appearing on the site can be translated.
- It allows registered user to delete their account including newsletter subscription from the front end with the help of option provided under my account section.
- It allows an administrator to delete customers, their newsletter subscription and anonymize their transaction data within Magento Admin Panel
- It allows administrators to send a confirmation email to customers with the link to delete and anonymize their transaction data
- It allows administrators to anonymize transaction data manually which are older than the retention period
- It allows you to change email templates from admin panel exactly same as other Magento email templates
- It allows you to fully anonymize or delete customer data from the customer, sales, quotes, newsletter tables so that you have met your "right to be forgotten" GDPR obligation
- It anonymizes personal data which includes customer first name, middle name, last name, email address, remote IP address, phone, fax, region, street, city, and postcode
- The extension also allows you to set all the personal data in the Quotes to NULL through a cron job.
- You can easily manage the number of days after which data needs to set to NULL from configurations
- It works with sub-domains and multi-domain websites **
- It allows you to turn the notification message on and off as required
- It works with all the latest Magento Enterprise and Community versions
- This module can be completely disabled whenever required via system configuration in admin
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.4 220.127.116.11 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 18.104.22.168 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build