Resolves content duplication-allowing canonical URL tags in the header section for pages on your site.
OverviewBack to top
Our extension resolves a major issue of content duplication. It does this in a number of ways, including selecting the preferred URL for you. There are 2 main things to consider. First, full duplication - which is when the content on 2 or more pages is identical. i.e. same product in different categories. Second - partial duplication - which is when only the minor part of the content (or layout) is unique. I.e. sorting products, pagination, variations of the same product and so on. Thus, URLS should be different (else you will be penalized by Google). The pages will be accessible to the users&also redirect the crawlers to the correct page - critical for SEO.
This module allows you to set a canonical URL link tag in the head section for the category, product and CMS pages on your website. It comes with a robots meta tag that you can set on every individual page. On each page, using this extension, you can set (a) no index, no follow, (b) index, no follow and, (c) no index, follow.
- Allows you to add or override the canonical URL tag for category pages.
- Allows you to add or override the canonical URL tag for product pages with or without the category path.
- Allows you to add the primary category path in the canonical tag for the product pages.
- Allows you to add the canonical URL tag for the CMS pages.
- Allows you to set “no index” and also “no follow” any page of your website, including specific CMS, product and category pages.
- Allows you to map one category to another for the canonical URL tags.
E.g. shoes -> heels & shoes -> new style. You can have shoes category as canonical tags.
- Allows you to append text to all category canonical URLs – working extremely well when you have filters, pagination&sorting on category pages.
E.g. you can add ?limit=all to all of the category pages, meaning Google will only index one unique category URL, instead of multiple versions of the same
- Resolves the duplicate content problem for your site, as the search engines will find one unique URL for each page of your site with the help of canonical tags.
- Fully supports multi-websites and multi-stores.
- Can be used in conjunction with Magento inbuilt canonical tag functionalities.
- Can be completely disabled whenever required, via a system configuration in the admin.
Use our demo store to try out this extension. The demo store is refreshed every 3 hours.
We provide 20 days free support from the date of purchase for any standard Magento site. Installation service is also available with 30 days free support for any standard Magento Site. If you need any help with this extension or you want to enhance this extension to meet your business needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you. And if we like your idea we might do the solution at discounted rate or for free.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.4 184.108.40.206 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 220.127.116.11 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Version 0.0.1 - New Canonical URL module
Version 0.0.2 - Removed group information from the canonical module
Version 0.0.3 - Fixed issues related to the canonical module
Version 0.0.4 - Changed the query in setPrimaryCategory.php to pick the low-level category only
Version 0.0.5 - Added functionality to define a primary category list in the script
Version 0.0.6 - Changed the logic of license key and deleted unencrypted folders