OverviewBack to top
ImageEngine is an image CDN with built-in, real-time image optimization. What makes ImageEngine stand out from the crowd is the way ImageEngine analyzes the request to dynamically provide a visually high-quality image at the lowest possible byte size. Research shows that high-quality images and a fast loading website will ultimately increase revenue.
The ImageEngine plugin allows you to easily enable and disable automatic image optimization by the ImageEngine Image CDN. Once installed and enabled, the extension will rewrite the URLs of all the images on the website. The URL rewrite will make all images load through ImageEngine which will, on the fly, produce optimized images tailored for the user's device and browser. Typically, the weight (bytes) of images will be reduced by 60-80%, while maintaining the visual quality of the images. This will, in turn, reduce the load time of the web page. Typically, a product listings page will load several seconds faster on a mobile device as well as desktop after ImageEngine is enabled.
Being an image CDN, ImageEngine will load images on demand from the Magento origin. Then, depending on traffic patterns and device- and browser mix on your website, ImageEngine will produce 5-15 different versions of the same original image and cache them all at the edges of the CDN.
After installing ImageEngine your website will look exactly the same. All images will have the same visual quality as the original images, but at a much lower byte size, which in turn is reducing the page load time. Reduced page load time ultimately leads to better key performance metrics such as lower bounce rate, increased cart size, and time spent on-site, as well as pages per session.
Account & Pricing
ImageEngine requires an account to be created at imagengine.io. This must be done separately.
You can get started with ImageEngine easily with a free, no credit card required, a 60-day trial. We offer three plans:
- Basic – $49/month. Up to 100 GB per month of optimized image payload. Includes HTTPs, advanced control panes, performance statistics, and email support
- Standard – $99/month. Up to 250 GB per month. Includes 3 custom delivery addresses (CNAME) with HTTPS support. Priority onboarding support.
- Pro – pricing scales with usage volume. WAF with DDoS protection. Dedicated edge servers are available. Ticketed enterprise support. Contact us.
- Fully automatic image optimization
- All image formats supported
- Built-in Device Detection at the edges
- Global PoPs
- Powerful management interface with customization options.
- Crop, rotate, resize images using URL parameters
- No need to upload your images anywhere.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
25 September, 2020
Extensions, Site Optimization, Performance
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
This version include
- verified support for php >7.4
- Better support for commerce cloud
- better use of client hints and policies
- See more at https://imageengine.io/docs/
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
ImageEngine is a pull based CDN. Please email us at email@example.com if you need any assistance with configuration.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor