Secure payment, redirect buyers to payment forms hosted on Vantiv(formerly Mercury) servers to process sensitive data.This is a Hosted Checkout module
OverviewBack to top
Note : This is a HOSTEDCHECKOUT module and you will need a Vantiv Integrated Payments (previously known as Mercury Payments) merchant account to use this module. Click here to signup for new eCommerce Merchant Account. The eCommerce processing rates can be as low as 2.7% + $.30 per transaction depending on the payment processing service and processing volume.
Vantiv Integrated Payments (previously known as Mercury Payments) HostedCheckout provides a secure payment API for eCommerce websites by redirecting the transaction path to a Vantiv secure payment site. The Hosted Checkout solution supplements the eCommerce checkout process, by providing a customized payment page for collection of card data. Because the payment page is hosted by Vantiv, card data is kept off of the eCommerce solution provider’s servers, keeping them from qualifying as a “Service Provider” as defined by the PCI Council. HostedCheckout does not replace the checkout process entirely, just the handling of sensitive credit card data.
Please note that this is does not use Vantiv's REST API methods. This is a Hosted Checkout module. You cannot process payments without redirection.
How the module works:
- Buyer clicks checkout and enters the billing/shipping details
- The payment options are displayed to the buyer.
- The Vantiv Integrated HostedCheckout payment option will show a text, instead of a payment form, informing the buyer that they will be redirected to the Vantiv servers to complete the payment
- The buyer clicks the 'Continue' button and is then, redirected away from the shop to the Vantiv servers.
- Here the buyer will enter their payment details and submit
- On success, the buyer is automatically redirected back to the shop and the order is placed successfully.
- In case, the buyer cancels the payment or there is an error in the payment, the buyer is automatically redirected to the shop cart page with the appropriate error message.
- Since, this module redirects the buyer to the Vantiv's server to complete the payment, no sensitive payment data enters or is processed on the shop's server.
This module supports
- Authorize Only
- Authorize and Capture (Sale)
- With Vantiv Integrated Hosted Checkout in place a merchant is no longer exposed to the sensitive payment details required to process a payment.
- No need or easier to be PCI complaint
- Additionally, the merchant has access to an expanding toolkit of payment options and fraud prevention tools without the need for additional development.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
Mercury’s HostedCheckout provides a secure payment API for eCommerce websites by redirecting the transaction path to a Mercury secure payment site.
The HostedCheckout solution supplements the eCommerce checkout process, by providing a customized payment page for collection of card data.