This module helps you take an important , yet easy, step towards preventing fraud via unnecessary chargebacks on your shop.
OverviewBack to top
A recent study shows that one out of five online retailers are not taking online fraud seriously enough. Many are paying more than they should in chargeback fees due to fraud. Chargebacks are a major problem for online retailers and can impact and escalate in several ways. These include fines from the bank or payment provider which can lead to even higher fines imposed by exceeding the chargeback limit and, in a worst case scenario, a complete loss of online payment options, resulting in the loss of a business.
The majority of the chargeback frauds can be identified pretty easily by verifying the shipping address, email address or order origin IP. Another method is by identifying frequent chargeback requests from the same user or IP address, without any relevant reason. Once you find out a fraud transaction, the first and foremost step is to block that particular user or IP address from further making any order on your shop. This Block User Magento® module will help you with this.
If you identify an order which you suspect is a fraud transaction, you can block that user from the order details page itself by clicking a button. Once blocked, the blocked user won't be able to login to the shop account using the same email address or even from the same IP. When they try to login, they will get a message to contact the shop administrators. If you want to unblock the user, you will be able to do that from the same page without much trouble.
- Enables you to block the email address used and IP address from which the order is made to prevent further fraud transaction.
- Blocking and unblocking is just as easy as clicking a button.
- No additional configurations required.
- Easy to use.
Setup & Configuration:
- Installing this module is simple. Unzip the module package and upload to your shop.
- After completing setup and compile, you will find the module once you login to your shop admin.
- In the admin, go to the order details page and you will see the option to block that particular user. Click that button and that user will be blocked.
- Once the user is blocked, the unblock option will become visible for you to unblock the user.
- That's it.
This module helps you take an important yet easy step towards preventing fraud via unnecessary chargebacks on your shop.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0
- Stability: Stable Build
Block User - Fraud Prevention Module