The Extension adds a custom image on top of base product image on the product listing & product pages.
OverviewBack to top
The Special Product extension allows you to create and add stripe-type images which will be shown on top of the main product image. After installation, you will have a new attribute which is called "Special Image" and there will be two options: "deal" and "special". Each of them will add the corresponding stripe on top of the base image for the product.
- For a bulk update of images in admin open page Catalog->Manage products and select few products, after that on the right Actions panel choose Update attributes in the drop-down, and click submit. On next page at the end choose the image that will apply for these products.
- For adding a new image, open Catalog->Attributes. Find attribute with code special_product_image and open it. On attribute edit page click at the "Manage Labels/Options" tab and you can add an option with image name. Please pay attention that image which will be used on the product page will be automatically applied from current image name with "_big" postfix. For example, for image name test.png big image should have name test_big.png. After saving options upload your images in skin/frontend/base/default/images/specialproduct folder.
- For applying an image - on the admin product edit page update dropdown attribute value on "General" attribute group.
- Stripe-type images shown at the category and product page
- New stripe-type images can be added using values of the product attribute "special_product_image"
- Two images included: "deal" and "special"
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Code updated according to EQP standards