A solution that lets admins spend their time on important things instead of seeing 'Please Wait' on a product / category save. Adds a new Update by Cron index mode.
OverviewBack to top
A major drawback of the shops with large catalogs that include many products and categories is that it gradually takes more time to save a product or category entity. An index process slowing down is the main cause for such a behavior. To be completely clear, it is a growing number of attributes and DB records that turns up to be an underlying cause of such performance issues. In a new store, it will likely take 1-2 seconds to make a save. As time goes by, you are going to explicitly admit that a notorious 'Please wait' message is hanging longer and longer when you save products or categories.
It is the Magento standard 'Reindex on save' that takes 85% of time for a save procedure to complete. The extension we present rectifies this situation by running a re-index automatically few minutes after based on a tasks queue. Additionally, it only re-indexes data that changed within a previous 5-minute timeframe (async re-index).
Quickly and confidently, now you can save products and categories avoiding a full re-index when it is not really required. As if you owned a Magento store that has been set up anew.
The extension is designed to allow an admin user to quickly save products and categories in the backend due to the after-save reindex that would take place few minutes later and be executed by a cron job.
Saving any entity won't exceed 1-2 seconds just like old times.
The module introduces a new index mode type 'Update by Cron'. To make use of the postponed re-indexing, all indexes need to be set to the new mode under
- System > Index Management
- An instant product / category saving thanks to the postponed re-index by cron
- A background re-index by cron every 5 minutes
- Processes only those tasks that occurred within the last 5 minutes instead of a full reindex
- Light on system resources
- Compatible with 3rd-party index tools as well as the Safemage Advanced Full Page Cache
Should you have any questions or want to have us professionally analyze your Magento performance, just drop a line.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.4 126.96.36.199 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build