Relevant Search is designed to give your website a fully reliable search.
OverviewBack to top
It is no secret that native Magento search is not always reliable. Relevance of search results is strikingly low. Customers searching for a specific item might get an impression the search results page display random products. Why so? Product attributes used in search (name, description, etc.) can't be sorted by priority levels so the search index get messed up.
Relevant Search is designed to give your website a fully reliable search. With the extension, searchable product attributes are split up into 5 search priority levels. They are: Highest, High, Medium, Low, Lowest. To define whether the product attribute is used in search or not, go to the attribute edit page:
• Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes.
Catalog search reindex procedure enables the extension to form separate full text indexes stored in “safemage_relevantsearch_fulltext”. This is the table the relevant search algorithm is based.
To provide results on the level of Google Search, we implement only quality search algorithms.
A brief glance at how it all works
With a one-word search query that results in 5 products found, the search relevancy is computed this way:
• Product N1 has a match in the Name (highest priority index). Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 5) = 32
• Product N2 has a match in the Short Description (high priority index). Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 4) = 16
• Product N3 has a match in the SKU and Description (medium + low index). Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 3) + (2 ^ 2) = 12
• Product N4 has a match in the SKU (medium priority). Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 3) = 8
• Product N5 has a match in the lowest priority index. Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 1) = 2
With a 2 and multi-word search query, the results of the search depend on the extension’s configuration settings. There are 4 modes (algorithms) available:
• "Exact Phrase" - searches by a whole phrase as is
• "All Words" - searches by all phrase words in any order
• "Any Word" - searches by any phrase word
• "Selective" - automatically select which mode(algorithm) to choose (Exact / All / Any)
Extension enables easy and Relevant Search by both:
• Product Attributes
• Product Custom Options.
• Google-like Search!
• 4 Search modes: Exact (whole phrase), All (all words in any order), Any (any word), Selective (combination)
• Search by any Product Attribute (Name, Description, ...)
• Search by any Product Custom Option
• 5 Search Priority Levels of Product Custom Option or Attribute: Highest, High, Medium, Low, Lowest
• Allow special chars in Search
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.4 18.104.22.168 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 22.214.171.124 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build