Restricts the possibility of concurrent editing of products, categories, CMS pages, orders, and other resources by separate admin users.
OverviewBack to top
If your shop relies on multiple managers or sales representatives working together (or even simultaneously) in the Magento backend, at some point you might bump into a real problem when one discards the changes made by another user by saving the same resource. There is nothing in the default Magento that could help avoid such situations, or at least point to them. Any parallel edits may be completely lost if you are not the one who makes a final 'save' procedure. To easily rectify the situation and make competing admin admin users polite colleagues, you are welcome to try out this extension.
The module determines what backend resource is being edited at any given moment and makes it impossible for other backend staff to save it unless it gets unlocked. While locked, a resource is accompanied by a message stating which user posesses the given page.
1) The resources you can monitor are represented by the following options:
- Sales (orders, invoices, shipments, credit memos)
- Catalog (products, categories)
- Marketing (catalog and cart price rules, emails)
- Content (pages, blocks, widgets)
- All others (pages with ID in URL)*
* The option also includes entities added by 3rd-party modules.
2) Unlock Resource when Switching to Another Page. In fact, you don't really want to enable this setting if you or other admin users prefer to work in multiple browser tabs. Nevertheless, you are free to use the feature with the setting below being off.
3) Ping Magento from within Open Pages. Use this option to actualize the time of the latest visit to a given editable resource and to provide best possible experience for an admin user while working in multiple browser tabs.
4) Unlock Resource by Timeout. Any page not visited or pinged within the specified time gets unlocked automatically.
5) Enable Manual Unlock by Link. At his own risk, an admin user can unlock any resource hold by another user and thus re-lock it under his own account.
- Restricts concurrent editing and saving of all backend entities conducted by backend users
- Displays a 'who-locked' message and, if applicable, enables manual unlocking
- Features Ajax-based ping of Magento from within open and editable pages to actualize lock time and safely work in multiple browser tabs
- Handy settings responsible for ping timing and unlocking resources by timeout
If you need help on the extensions installation or on any issues relating to our products, our dedicated team of proven technical experts is at your service, ready to assist you at any time.
To see different setup options provided by the extension, navigate to the configuration section:
• Stores > Configuration > SAFEMAGE: Parallel Edit Locker
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Added support for Magento 2.1.
- Compatible with CE: 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build