This extension automatically assigns guest orders to the customer during customer registration.
OverviewBack to top
If you have guest checkout enabled on your website then you may get a lot of queries from a customer, asking where they can see the history and progress of their orders. Unfortunately, there are no easy steps we can tell them to follow, other than to use Magento's default "guest order status track form" (http://magento-store-url/sales/guest/form/).
So here comes the "Auto Guest Orders To Customer" extension. After installation of this extension we just need to tell customers to sign up on the store with the same email address they used during checking out as a guest. Once logged in, this extension will automatically assign all of the customer's guest orders to his or her newly created account.
Possible use case
In the native Magento setup, if a website user placed a few orders using guest checkout and then later decides to create an account on the website he will not see orders in his account which were placed using guest checkout. This extension will automatically assign all guest orders to that customer account.
- During customer registration, it checks if any guest order exists with that email address and it exists then assign that to the customer account.
- If a registered user by mistake placed an order as a guest user then it automatically assigns to his customer account.
- Allows configuring a follow-up email for guest orders which can ask customers to register.
- Order assignment to the customer account works automatically, no manual work required.
How does it work?
During customer, registration extension finds guest orders by the customer's email address. If orders are found then they will be assigned to the customer.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build