Converge Elavon (formerly Virtual Merchant) is a payment gateway that enables you to process payments by using Elavon, a global leader in payment processing.
OverviewBack to top
Converge Elavon (formerly Virtual Merchant) is a payment gateway that enables you to process payments by using Elavon, a global leader in payment processing. More than 1 million businesses worldwide use Elavon to process their payments and the Converge Gateway is Elavon’s payment platform.
Converge enables you to add payment capabilities to any part of your business and scale as you see fit. As your business grows, you may need to accept payments on your new e-commerce website or maybe you’d like to commercialize your mobile app. Manage all of your payments in one place and accept a full range of payment types with Converge.
Accept payments online via Converge Elavon for a Magento® 2 eCommerce website. This is one of the best in its class payment integration that is carefully implemented and tested by Developers specializing in Magento® 2 and experts in building online payment solutions. Converge Elavon module allows your customers to pay without leaving a checkout user journey of a website. We are releasing new features and improvements regularly to ensure the best possible set of payment functionality.
Account & Pricing
An additional account is required and additional fees apply. Create an Account please visit Elavon website. All in one solution for Small and Medium Business: €29 per month. Monthly fee: $10. Additional per transaction fee applies, for more details please visit Elavon Pricing page.
Converge Elavon Functionality
- Supports the following Credit Cards: Visa, Visa Debit, American Express, MasterCard, Discover, Dinners, Maestro International and JCB
- Supports multi-currency and multi-accounts
- Provides a transaction management from Magento Admin Choose between Authorize and Capture payments (customer's payment will be immediately captured) or Authorize Only online payments (in case additional stock or payment verifications should be performed)
- Provides Authorization Transaction information at Order View Page. Additional validation allows a store owner to see quickly the result of Address, CVN and Postcode data entered by a customer
- Allows to manage and report all transactions in a single page, and to export the reports into a CSV or an Excel file with just a few clicks
- Provides a comprehensive error validation which allows the system to notify a Merchant of any data errors or payment amount issues while sending a payment transaction
- Supports order placement from Magento Admin
- Supports one page and multi-shipping Magento Checkout experiences
Converge Elavon module allows Merchants to fully manage the order life-cycle from the Magento Admin. The module enables a mobile checkout payment experience with Merchant Form and PCI Compliant (PCI SAQ A-EP) website. Sensitive customer data is never stored and passed to the Magento Application. All successful payments transactions are available from Magento Admin.
Converge Elavon module provides a seamless shopping experience. It allows a customer to pay using his/her favorite credit card securely once he/she decided to purchase a product on a website.
What’s included in the Converge Elavon
- 100% open source code
- User and Installation Guide document
- 12 months free bug fixes and upgrades
- 24/7 free support
- License Type: Single site license + Development site
Note: Virtual Merchant Gateway works only for US & Canada merchant. If your merchant account is outside US/Canada then please use Elavon extension for Magento 2.
The Converge Elavon module for Magento® 2 comes with the support period. All support requests are going to be reviewed within 24 hours period. All future module updates and bug fixes are included. Additional features requests are reviewed and discussed. Please send all support and customization requests to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Compatible with EE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
- Added Partial Refund (Partial Credit Memo) support
- Fixed Credit Memo creation from Magento Admin for Demo transactions
- Fixed the request_url value is now saved as a string in a converge_debug.log file, previously a Zend_Uri_HTTP object has been stored
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Added all major Credit Cards support
Added mobile friendly Merchant Payment Form
Added Magento Admin Transaction Management for Credit Memo, Void and Invoice operations
Updated composer.json dependencies to support Magento 2.2.0 module versions
Removed Magento 2.0 support
Fixed ssl_cvv2cvc2_indicator value
Fixed request parameters when escape function was used
Added Multi Checkout support
Added support for placing orders via Magento Admin
Fixed The 9 digit postcode with a hyphen is not accepted when placing an order
Added error processing mechanism to pass error messages from Converge Payment provider to a Customer during order placement
Added psr/log package dependency to composer.json file
Removed direct dependency on monolog package
Removed dependency on `Magento\Payment\Gateway\Config\Config` class
Removed "You will be redirected to the Converge website." note from the payment form
Removed Receipt Link Text setting from the configuration
Updated Learn More documentation link
Renamed "Sale" Payment Type setting to "Authorize and Capture (Sale)"
Added deprecated signature for API interfaces
Added Magento 2.2 support
Removed hard dependency to magento/module-webapi from composer.json file
Fixed an issue with placing an order when production deploy mode (refer to bug https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/6739)
Fixed Converge Library package version