OverviewBack to top
This Custom Order Number extension for Magento 2 allows you to set custom number patterns for all order-related documents (orders, shipments, invoices, and credit memos):
- Change the default Magento 6-digit numbering pattern (#000005) directly from the Magento admin panel.
- Add any prefixes and suffixes, change the counter step and length, use different variables, and more to make numbers more informative and sophisticated.
- Make sure your document number format meets the jurisdiction requirements of your country or region without a significant investment of time and budget.
Since the native Magento platform doesn’t have any instruments to change the numbering pattern for orders and other related documents from the backend, this extension lets you easily do it without any effort and coding skills.
You can apply the Magento 2 custom order number pattern to invoice, shipment, and credit memo numbers with one click, or set them unique to use different prefixes, suffixes, etc. This feature is handy for managing orders, as you can easily relate an order to its shipment if the number pattern is the same.
The new number patterns are applied throughout the store. Customers can see them on the Checkout Success page and in the My Account section, admins - in the order/invoice/shipment/credit memo view, and elsewhere in the backend.
Set Up Custom Order Number Format
- Set your Magento 2 custom order number format and all related documents (order, invoice, shipment, and credit memo), which is applied throughout the store.
- Use any combination of numbers, letters, or symbols in your pattern, and define variables that will be reflected in the order number.
- Configure the counter used for the order number pattern: set its length, the number it will start from (counter start), and step between consecutive orders (counter step).
- The counter can be reset manually or automatically each day, month, or year.
Improve Your Order Management
- Include order date and store ID in the Magento 2 custom order number pattern to save a lot of time and effort when managing orders from multiple websites or store views.
- Make your order management easier than ever before by using the same number (counter) for all order, invoice, and shipment documents, but differentiating them with different suffixes or prefixes.
- For example, an order placed on Jun 22 on a store with ID 02, 2021 may have a number ORD-02-220621-00123, which contains useful information for store owners.
Hide Sales Volume From Competitors
- Hide your real sales information and order volumes from competitors by setting up the counter starting number and step.
- With this extension, you will never have to worry about disclosing any of your sales details. Order numbers should be hard for competitors to read but provide useful information for your business and improve management.
Drive More Sales With Advanced Order Numbers
- Make the sales volume seem higher with the flexible order number pattern settings and boost your sales, as customers tend to trust established websites with a big customer base more.
- With this extension and sophisticated order numbers, your customers won’t come to know from order number #000003 that they are one of the first buyers on the website. It will result in fewer order cancellations and more trust.
Full Integration with Plumrocket RMA Extension
- Leverage the full support of the Magento 2 RMA plugin and easily change the default RMA return number format to match other order-related documents.
- Set a unique numbering system for RMA Returns, or use the same pattern as for Order Numbers
All Plumrocket Extensions for Magento include free technical support within the first 3 months of product ownership for Magento Open Source Edition (CE) and 6 months of product ownership for Magento Commerce Edition (EE).
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
23 November, 2021
Extensions, Content & Customizations
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Custom Order Number Extension v1.0.0 for Magento 2
- Created Custom Order Number Extension for Magento 2
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor