Optimize your store performance and reduce the Magento page loading speed. Lazy load images on demand with our extension’s smooth blur effect loading transition!
OverviewBack to top
Our Lazy Load Ultimate extension provides you with a simple but efficient tool to optimize your site performance and improve the loading speed of Magento store pages. Instead of slowing down the web shop by preloading images directly when a page is opened, our extension delays this process until the images enter the user's viewport (the visible area of a web page).
By loading the images 'on demand', Lazy Load Ultimate for Magento will make your store pages load faster, improve your Google page ranking and reduce your server's bandwidth usage at the same time.
- Speed up your store page loading speed by loading images 'on demand'
- Delay image loading until they enter the user's viewport / visible area of a webpage
- Improve your site performance and Google page ranking
- Reduce your server's bandwidth usage
- Show smooth loading transition from blurred placeholder to focused full-size image
- Select the enabled store pages and layout handles, or exclude specific URLs and patterns
- Configure the placeholder image quality and blur intensity
- Set a preferred blur transition time and viewport trigger distance
Smooth Blur Effect Transition
Where other comparable plugins show generic placeholders or empty spaces when loading images, our lazy load extension distinguishes itself by using a smooth loading transition from blurred placeholder to the focused full-size image.
The placeholder image quality, blur intensity, transition time and viewport trigger distance can be easily configured in the back-end and the extension can be separately enabled for CMS pages, category pages, product pages, checkout pages, and selected layout handles.
Visit our Lazy Load Ultimate live demo to check out all of the extension's features and functionalities.
You can find the most recent version of the Lazy Load Ultimate extension user manual and installation guide in our Knowledge Base.
Please don't hesitate to contact us directly with any questions about this extension. We'll be happy to help!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 22.214.171.124 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3 1.9.4
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 1.10 1.11 1.11.1 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2 1.14.3 1.14.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Fix for some AJAX content images not being loaded correctly
New theme-specific layout handles field in system configuration
Added support for menu / mega menu images lazy loading
Improved lazy loading core code for better browser compatibility
Fixed issue regarding CDN based media URLs not lazy loading properly (CloudFront etc)
Fixed issue where image tags with newlines inside wouldn't lazy load correctly
Changed left column layout handle to support most themes including RWD theme
Small fix for issue which occurred with AJAX requests
Added support for multi-line image tags, which weren't catched by the extension correctly
Added support for iframes already containing a data-src attribute
Added support for lazy loading YouTube and Vimeo iframe embed videos
Added workaround for lazy load images not showing when a video is playing on the page
Added support for Fishpig Wordpress
Added support for images in non skin/media custom directories
Added support for images with relative URLs
Transparent placeholder now uses original image width
When using transparent placeholder, no lazy load specific CSS is used anymore
Added additional check for lazy loading dynamically inserted (non-AJAX) images
Added image srcset compatibility
Added JS events field for hooking lazy load check to js event (useful for sliders)
Added category products layout handle for lazy loading AJAX category pages
Added transparent placeholder option (good performance)
Added option to display blurred placeholder without animation
Added option to display low resolution placeholder: pixelated or blurry
Added AJAX update hook to lazy load images retrieved over AJAX
Optimized default settings for better performance
Optimized extension for Google Lighthouse
Added option to exclude certain image CSS classes from lazy loading
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 220.127.116.11 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
First release on Magento Marketplace