Extension to simplify your customer group management in Magento by automatically moving clients to different customer groups using a super flexible rule-based system.
OverviewBack to top
Managing your customer groups can be a time-consuming and numbing job, especially if you're running a successful eCommerce business with a large and diverse customer base. Our Automatic Customer Group Switching extension offers a super flexible solution for automating your customer group management in Magento. By setting flexible group switching rules, customers are automatically moved to any desired group, saving you a lot of valuable time and effort!
Super Flexible Group Switching Rules
Automatic Customer Group Switching works with a rule system you might already know when using Magento's catalog or shopping cart price rules.
It enables you to set up custom group switching rules choosing from an extensive list of conditions, including customer account information, shipping and billing address details, aggregated sales attributes, single order and product attributes, and recurring Paypal profiles.
The conditions can be configured using a specific order history time frame, making it possible to set up rules based on the customer's recent and past purchasing activity, including product memberships. On top of that you can select the applicable order and invoice statuses of each rule.
Extensive Choice of Rule Conditions
By configuring and combining the extension's rule conditions according to your specific requirements, you can easily create virtually any type of automatic group switching rule for Magento. You can find example rules for each of the below mentioned condition categories in our Automatic Customer Group Switching demo store.
Customer Account Information
Set up rules based on customer attributes and account details, such as newsletter subscription, account age, e-mail address, or customer gender and age.
Shipping & Billing Address
Automatically group your customers by city, postcode, region or country.
Invoice & Order Totals
Switch customers based on aggregated sales attributes, such as their monthly turnover or total shipping costs.
Single Order Attributes
Move customers based on any single order attribute, including order turnover, weight, item quantity, discount and tax amount, shipping method, VAT number and address details.
Ordered Product Attributes
Switch groups based on any ordered product attribute from the customer's order history or from new orders only, such as SKU, category, price, quantity and total product turnover.
Organize customers based on their recurring Paypal profile state and other attributes.
Configurable Rule Processing Options
Our extension includes various options to automatically process your customer group switching rules: you can execute individual or multiple rules 'on demand', configure specific group switching events per rule, for example when a customer account is saved or when a new order is created, or periodically batch process rules with the integrated Cronjob functionality.
Besides that you can optionally set a period during which the rule should be executed, define its priority and stop further processing after a specific rule.
Customizable E-mail Notifications
Automatic Customer Group Switching includes an optional e-mail notification functionality to notify your customers and admin users of automatic group switching events.
The e-mails can be configured per group switching rule and their subject and content support the use of various insertable variables, allowing you to automatically include relevant information in the customer and admin notifications.
• Flexible rule-based customer management solution with endless possibilities
• Automatically manage customer groups in Magento by creating custom rules
• Set up any kind of group switching rule choosing from extensive list of conditions
• Create rules based on customer account details such as account age or newsletter subscription
• Group customers by city, postcode, state/region or country
• Organize customers based on total turnover and other aggregated sales attributes
• Switch groups based on any single order or product attribute
• Automatically manage customers with recurring PayPal profiles and membership products
• Create rules based on specific order history time frames
• Configure the rule processing order, period and events
• Execute individual or multiple rules at once 'on demand'
• Periodically batch process group switching rules using the integrated Cron functionality
• Optionally notify customers and admins by e-mail about group switching events
Visit our Automatic Customer Group Switching live demoo to check out all of the extension's features and functionalities.
You can find the most recent version of the Automatic Customer Group Switching extension user manual and installation guide in our Knowledge Base.
Please don't hesitate to contact us directly with any questions about this extension. We'll be happy to help!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 22.214.171.124 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
First release on Magento Marketplace