Prevent fraud independently by marking suspicious orders in the Magento Admin Panel. Automatically detect and block fraudulent orders based on custom blacklisting rules.
OverviewBack to top
With internet fraud being more widespread than ever, every e-commerce business runs the risks of being targeted by malicious customers, often resulting in profit loss caused by credit card chargebacks and refund claims from customers pretending to have never received their order.
Because payment service providers generally rule in favor of the customer when receiving a claim, nine out of ten times it's the online merchant getting stuck with the bill. Stop relying on third party services to prevent fraud and take matters into your own hands with our Fraud Prevention extension for Magento!
Independent Fraud Prevention Solution
Our Fraud Prevention plugin offers a simple and efficient solution to minimize fraud independently and directly in the Magento Admin Panel. Unlike other comparable solutions, our extension does not involve any additional service costs or periodical subscription fees.
When coming across a sales order that hasn't been paid or needs to be refunded due to questionable reasons, you can simply mark it as suspicious in the back-end to create a fraud suspicion record. This record includes various customer attributes that serve as a reference to automatically detect and block future fraudulent orders.
Create Custom Blacklisting Rules
Our extension lets you create custom blacklisting rules based on any customer attribute combination, such as name, address, ZIP code, email address or domain, and IP address.
Each time a new order is placed, the rule attributes are compared with your fraud suspicion database. If a match is found, the fraudulent order is automatically blacklisted and blocked for shipping, preventing that your merchandise falls into the hands of malicious customers.
Because the blacklisting rules can be enabled per customer group, you can assure that your trusted customers aren't mistakenly affected by them.
Detect Fraud Automatically
A blacklisting rule will only be triggered if the permitted amount of 'strikes' or matching fraud suspicion records has been exceeded. In this way you can prevent orders from being blacklisted after only one fraud suspicion, giving your customers the benefit of the doubt. After all, most of them have only good intentions!
In case a fraud suspicion proves to be unfounded, blacklisted orders can be whitelisted again with only one click of a button, after which they can be processed normally again.
Blacklist Customer Accounts and Block Guests
Fraud Prevention for Magento also makes it possible to automatically or manually blacklist customer accounts, after which the blacklisted customer is directly logged out and blocked from logging back in.
Our plugin includes options to automatically blacklist customers when they try to place or update a fraudulent order, or when they add a blacklisted address in their customer account or during checkout, which can even be used to block guest visitors.
If a blacklisting rule is triggered during checkout, the shopping cart will be emptied and billing details deleted, making sure that both customers and guests are discouraged from placing a fraudulent order again.
Block Fraudulent Orders Before Payment Processing
Another extension feature which helps you to protect your business from unwanted credit card chargebacks is to block payment processing during checkout by hiding the payment information section if a blacklisted address is used.
On top of that you can prevent fraudulent orders by automatically adding a fraud suspicion strike to the customer's billing and/or shipping address when a payment transaction fails, which will blacklist the order if the permitted amount of strikes is exceeded.
• Simple and efficient fraud prevention solution for Magento
• Prevent fraud independently using custom blacklisting rules
• Easily manage and keep track of suspicious and blacklisted orders in the Admin Panel
• Prevent fraudulent orders from being placed, paid and shipped to the customer
• Create blacklisting rules based on any customer attribute combination
• Blacklist the customer's billing and/or shipping address
• Blacklist customer accounts and block guests during checkout
• Block fraudulent orders before payment processing
• Blacklist suspicious orders based on failed payment transactions
• Configure the amount of matching fraud suspicions required to blacklist orders
• Create blacklisting rules per customer group and store view
• Manage the fraud status per customer in the account information details
• No additional service fees or periodical subscription costs
• Prevent credit card chargebacks and save yourself a lot of money and troubles!
Visit our Fraud Prevention live demo to check out all of the extension's features and functionalities.
You can find the most recent version of the Fraud Prevention extension user manual and installation guide in our Knowledge Base.
Please don't hesitate to contact us directly with any questions about this extension. We'll be happy to help!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.4 18.104.22.168 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 22.214.171.124 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3 1.9.4
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 1.10 1.11 1.11.1 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2 1.14.3 1.14.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Additional fix for Magento 1.7 and below regarding order e-mail confirmation
Fixed issue for Magento 1.7 and below regarding order e-mail confirmation
Made closed orders also blacklistable
Fixed issue regarding customer ID for customers creating an account during checkout
Re-enabled e-mail domain as attribute for blacklisting rules
Added e-mail domain exclude list, which can be used for excluding common domain names from being blacklisted
Fix for order grid not working in admin customer account when no orders had been placed yet. (Magento EE)
Fixed compatibility issue with Mirasvit RMA
Fixed customer IP saving issue
Disabled 'Blacklisted' status for refunded orders
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.4 18.104.22.168 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 22.214.171.124 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
First release on Magento Marketplace