Integrates Cash on Delivery as a payment method by optionally charging a configurable service fee as well as limiting the method for specific countries.
OverviewBack to top
Cash on delivery (or collect on delivery) implies ordered goods being paid for when handed over to the customer. Naturally, this payment method is safe and convenient to those who tend to be sceptical of electronic payment methods, especially when ordering online. Therefore, cash on delivery still is a very common payment method that shall remain a choice of payment to your customers, assuming that your courier supports it accordingly as he commonly acts as a sort of escrow.
With the help of this module, you are enabled to offset the cost of this method to your customers by adding a fee to their orders. It may be a fixed fee or a percentage of the subtotal (with a configurable minimum fee) that your customers will be charged during the checkout process.
Moreover, your fees will differ between national and international orders or possibly you will wish to restrict this payment method to a set of chosen countries where you couriers support it or your customers expect it. A simple backend setting allows you to adapt the features to your needs. Likewise, the module grants full flexibility when linking it to certain shipping methods, as certainly not all of them may interoperate.
Compared to the default cash on delivery method this extension offers the following extended features:
- Apply a fee for using cash on delivery as a payment method
- Fees can be fixed or a percentage based on the shopping cart’s subtotal
- Fees as a percentage of the subtotal may require a configurable minimum fee
- Differ fees between national and international orders
- Restrict payment method to certain countries
- Flexibly link cash on delivery to your shipping methods
This module is also available on GitHub in the latest version.
This extension is maintained by PHOENIX MEDIA, Magento Solution Partner in Stuttgart, Berlin and Vienna.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Compatible with EE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Migration of existing module
- Magento 2.1 and 2.2 support
- Fixed or percentage fee with a minimum cost
- Disallow specified shipping methods
- Configurable on store view level