Helps customer find replacement parts by selecting make, model and category.
OverviewBack to top
This extension can find products for selected makes and models. To make it work, the website administrator should prepare a list of selectable options (or find a ready one) and link products to selectable options with special text format. After saving the product, all possible make and model combinations will be saved as indexes. When someone selects any of those models on the front-end, this extension will display the product. If there are no products for the selected model this extension will display a "No products" message without searching or refreshing the page. This extension knows all results for all selected combinations because of the indexes.
1. Drop-down options list is imported as separate .csv file (partfinder_databse.csv).
So it is easy to update options in future. Also you can buy somewhere and use a ready make, models list.
2. Products are linked to drop-down options by using text format.
This way it is always clear which models fits certain product. Because it is visible on the product edit page.
Text format is readable so it is possible to make it visible for customer on front end product view page.
Text format is flexible. So you can:
Use and combine complete restriction phrases like:
Honda Odyssey Cargo 1999
with date ranges:
Honda Odyssey Cargo 1999 - 2002
Omit words to make restriction phrase more general:
Honda 1999 - 2002
Use just the first word to make product fit all models of that make:
3. All search results are indexed.
So that when customer selects a make and a model this extension does not spend time to perform any search. Because it already knows all products for any selected combination.
When you update product restriction and save the product or import product restrictions from a .csv file the results are re-indexed.
4. You can use different number of drop-downs in the PartFinder search box.
Depending on your .csv file with drop-down options. You can use two, three or more drop-downs and then change it in future.
5. You can enable category drop-downs or a search word field.
After selecting make, model drop-downs extra drop-down with applicable categories can appear.
It contains categories only for the matched products.
The same way a search word can be used together with selected make, models.
1. Great number of products (>10000) * long list of makes, models (>40000) * great number of restriction phrases (>10 per product) * long restriction phrases (> 5 words) can take a lot of server resources (CPU, PHP memory limit, MySql limits) to reindex PartFinder Product Restrictions index.
I have a solution for such case. To make it reindex all products slowly with AJAX.
But the suggested way is to use less makes models if it is possible. For example don't use drop-down options with car models from the 1970 if you don't sell any parts for such old cars.
2. Because of indexed results customer has always to select all available make, models drop-downs to see the results. In other words, he cannot select just one drop-down and click the search button.
I have modification to make this extension work with just one drop-down selected. But it can affect website performance. It depends on number of products and number of make, models.
user - demo , password - partfinder10
I have different modifications for this extension. For example to make this extension work as filter on category pages, to remember selected make models, to use SEO URLs, to use unique numbers instead of restriction phrases.
And of course it is possible to change layout of the search box and to make it appear only on certain pages.
Contact me directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing if you have any questions.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3 1.9.4
- Stability: Stable Build
No files changed. Just the extension's description is changed. I have to upload a new version just to state that it is compatible with Magento 1.9.4
- Compatible with CE: 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
The latest available version