It makes product custom options dependent on each other.
OverviewBack to top
This simple addition makes product custom options dependent on each other. In default Magento installation, product options are not numerated. This extension makes options numerated by adding a unique number to each option. That option number is called "Row ID".
Also this extension adds an extra field to each option. You can enter numbers of other options in that field.The field is called "Children".
By adding row ids of other options in the Children field, you make that other option dependent on that option.
"Dependent" means that the option will not be visible to customer until its parent option is selected. Each dependent option can have other options dependent on itself. So it becomes possible to create multiple options dependent on each other. Customers can see and select only applicable options. Website owner can create such a guide for customer. Each selected option will guide to suitable size, location, colors options.
Each combination can end with different price. This extension does not change options price but it can hide one option and display another option with the same title but different price. So that customer will see only the price change. This module will help when there are products and services that have hundreds of option values and only few of them should be displayed to customer. Or when some of the options are "optional" and required. It means that options will become required when they are visible. For example when customer click a checkbox "upload custom style" the upload field will appear and it will be required to complete the order.
This extension has "Import options from other product" and dataflow .csv Import / Export features. So that even if it takes long to create dependent options you will be able to copy them from one product to another.
An example of how to use it:
1) Go to Magento admin panel -> Products -> Catalog
2) Find a product with type Simple Product and without custom options then click the "Edit" link.
3) Add a custom option to it: Title - "Gender", Input Type - "Drop-down".
4) Add rows to it: "Mens", "Womens".
5) Add second custom option: Title - "Size", Input Type - "Drop-down".
6) Add four rows with titles: "S", "M", "L", "XL".
7) Scroll the page back to the "Gender" option.
8) Find the "Children" field of the "Mens" row.
9) Enter two row ids of the "Size" option separated with commas: 4,5
10) Find the "Children" field of the "Womens" row.
11) Enter another two row ids of the "Size" option: 6,7
12) Check everything with the screenshot.
13) Click the "Save" button.
14) Open your product page in the front-end.
15) If you select gender "Mens" the size option must appear with two values S and M. (screenshot)
- Make product options dependent on each other.
- Import custom options from product to product.
- Export / Import custom options as .csv file.
This extension is not compatible with the Pektsekye Custom Option Images extension.
Contact me directly by email email@example.com if you have any questions before purchasing.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Updated to support Magento 2.2
- Compatible with CE: 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
To disable pagination for custom option values