It makes product custom options dependent on each other.
OverviewBack to top
This simple addition makes product custom options dependent on each other. In default, Magento installation product options are not numerated. This extension makes options numerated by adding a unique number to each option. That option number is called "Row ID".
Also this extension adds an extra field to each option. You can enter numbers of other options in that field. The field is called "Children". By adding row ids of other options in the Children field, you make that other option dependent on that option.
"Dependent" means that the option will not be visible to customer until its parent option is selected. Each dependent option can have other options dependent on itself. So it becomes possible to create multiple options dependent on each other.
Customer can see and select only applicable options. Website owner can create such a guide for customer. Each selected option will guide to suitable size, location, colors options. Each combination can end with different price. This extension does not change options price but it can hide one option and display another option with the same title but different price. So that customer will see only the price change.
This module will help when there are products and services that have hundreds of option values and only few of them should be displayed to customer. Or when some of the options are "optional" and required. It means that options will become required when they are visible. For example when customer click a checkbox "upload custom style" the upload field will appear and it will be required to complete the order.
This extension has "Import options from other product" and dataflow .csv Import / Export features. So that even if it takes long to create dependent options you will be able to copy them from one product to another.
- Make product options dependent on each other. On the product edit page each option value has an extra "children" field. Where you can enter row ids of the dependent option values. The dependent option values will be hidden until the parent option value is selected by user on front-end.
- Copy options from another product. There is a button to import options from any product into the current product.
- CSV export / import. It is possible to export custom options with option relations as .csv file. And then edit and import them back. Or to transfer data to another website.
user - od-demo , password - optiondependent10
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3 1.9.4
- Stability: Stable Build
No files changed. Just the extension's description is changed. I have to upload a new version just to state that it is compatible with Magento 1.9.4
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Stability: Stable Build
The latest stable version for Magento 1.*