The official Braintree Payments extension that allows your Magento 2 store to accept Credit Card payments, PayPal, Apple Pay, and PayPal Credit in one simple integration.
Other Extensions by PayPal
OverviewBack to top
Braintree helps businesses of all sizes, from small to large enterprises, accept and process payments to help maximise business opportunities and revenue growth. Companies around the world benefit from the technology and support of Braintree coupled with the scale, backing, and confidence of partnering with a PayPal service.
This is an official Braintree extension built in collaboration with Gene Commerce. This extension updates and extends the core Braintree functionality that comes shipped with Magento 2. This extension takes advantage of the latest version of the Braintree SDK and it is strongly recommended that all Merchants using Braintree upgrade to this extension in order to benefit from many improvements and additional features such as Apple Pay and PayPal Credit.
Account & Pricing
A Braintree account is required to use this extension. If you don’t yet have a Braintree account then you will need to sign-up here for one as the extension will not create you an account during the installation. Please also check out the Braintree pricing as fees will apply when using Braintree to process your transactions.
New features included in this extension are:
- Apple Pay
- PayPal Credit (US and UK)
- Checkout with Venmo (available in the US and only on mobile)
- Virtual Terminal within the Magento Admin
- PayPal button customization
- PayPal Checkout component that supports PayPal checkout.js v4
- Process credit card, debit card and PayPal transactions from the Magento storefront and Admin Panel.
- Integrate with Apple Pay
- Integrate with PayPal Credit (for US and UK merchants only)
- Secure storage of customer payment details in the PCI-compliant Braintree Vault
- Full support for the latest PCI 3.0 compliant hosted fields solution
- Stored payment detail management – customers can add and delete cards and PayPal accounts from the Magento customer account section
- Supports multi-store, multi-merchant and multi-currency Magento instances
- Provides advanced Braintree fraud protection (AVS and CVV)
- 3D Secure support
- Ability to partially capture transactions
- Ability to configure the capture action either by invoice or by shipment
- Ability to configure the sales action to Authorize only or Authorize and Capture at once for both credit cards and PayPal transactions
- Integration with PayPal through the Braintree Gateway using PayPal's in-context payment solution
- PayPal button customisation feature
- PayPal PayeeEmail' and 'DisplayName' configuration at store-level
- PayPal Express integration for cart and checkout pages
- Sandbox testing environment
- Online refunding for both Card and PayPal via the Magento admin
- Customer Services teams can use customer Vaulted information within the Magento admin for MOTO orders
- Virtual Terminal within the Magento Admin
- Integrated with Kount's fraud and risk management solution
In addition to the New features this extension also extends the core Magento 2 Braintree functionality with the following improvements:
- Multi-Site merchants requiring the need to include PayPal's 'PayeeEmail' and 'DisplayName' configuration can do so on a store-level basis
- Improvements to error messaging
- The transaction source has been included into the sales grid in the Magento admin
- Merchants can now skip the advanced fraud rules to provide flexibility over what transactions get evaluated by Kount
- Authorisations are now voided within Braintree when the Magento order is cancelled
- An option to require security code (CVV) when using saved card is now available on the Front-End
- Braintree custom fields are now available in the front-end however additional custom development is required to map the field names.
If you are already a Braintree customer and are using the core Braintree extension then your account credentials will be preserved when you update to use this extension.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.2
- Compatible with EE: 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Braintree PHP SDK Version: 3.22.0
Braintree JS SDK Version: 3.19.1
Due to restrictions within the Magento 2.2.0 codebase, GENE are only able to use version 3.22.0 of the PHP SDK. Any future PHP SDK updates will need to be coordinated with Magento.
The module is only compatible with Magento 2.2.0.
PayPal Express Checkout
Additional Admin Configuration Options
Improvements to Error Messages
Advanced Fraud Rules
3DSecure for vaulted cards and improvements to presentation
PayPal Button Customisation