An easy to install, configure, secure Braintree Payments extension that allows your Magento store to accept Credit Card payments and PayPal in one simple integration.
Other Extensions by PayPal
OverviewBack to top
Braintree helps businesses of all sizes, from small to large enterprises, accept and process payments to help maximise business opportunities and revenue growth. Companies around the world benefit from the technology and support of Braintree coupled with the scale, backing, and confidence of partnering with a PayPal service.
This Braintree extension uses the latest V.ZERO integration SDK and Braintree’s secure PCI 3.0 compliant Hosted Fields feature. Hosted Fields are small, transparent iframes that replace the sensitive credit card inputs in your checkout flow - helping you meet the latest PCI data security requirements.
A Braintree account is required to use this extension. If you don’t yet have a Braintree account then you will need to sign-up here for one as the extension will not create you an account during the installation. Please also check out the Braintree pricing as fees will apply when using Braintree to process your transactions.
- Process credit card, debit card and PayPal transactions from the Magento storefront and Admin Panel.
- Secure storage of customer payment details in the PCI-compliant Braintree Vault
- Full support for the latest PCI 3.0 compliant hosted fields solution
- Stored payment detail management – customers can add and delete cards and PayPal accounts from the Magento customer account section
- Supports multi-store, multi-merchant and multi-currency Magento instances
- Provides advanced Braintree fraud protection (AVS and CVV)
- 3D Secure support
- Ability to partially capture transactions
- Ability to configure the capture action either by invoice or by shipment
- Ability to configure the sales action to Authorize only or Authorize and Capture at once for both credit cards and PayPal transactions
- Integration with PayPal through the Braintree Gateway using PayPal’s in-context payment solution
- PayPal Express integration for cart and product detail page
- Sandbox testing environment
- Settlement reporting
- Online refunding for both card and PayPal via the Magento admin
- Customer Services teams can use customer Vaulted information within the Magento admin for MOTO orders
- Works with Magento multiple shipping addresses checkout
- Integrated with Kount's fraud and risk management solution
-- Pass Level 2 data
-- Pass Shopping Cart items (bespoke customisation required on a merchant-by-merchant basis)
-- KOUNT workflow via the Event Notification System
The extension has been fully tested with both Community (1.7, 1.8, 1.9) and Enterprise Editions (1.12, 1.13, 1.14).
Introducing Hosted Fields to Magento
Hosted Fields are small, transparent iframes that replace the sensitive credit card inputs in your checkout flow - helping you meet the latest data security requirements while ensuring your customization doesn't suffer.
Anyone who accepts credit card payments needs to comply with latest PCI DSS rules. Any payments company that tells you otherwise isn't telling you the whole story. Fortunately, Braintree eliminates almost all of the work required for our merchants to be PCI 3.0 compliant. Which is good news, because the card associations can suspend your ability to accept credit card payments if they find that you aren't compliant. This functionality provided by Braintree is now available to use within Magento utilising this extension.
Improve PayPal Checkout Conversion
With a simple configuration setting in the Magento admin add PayPal to your checkout and get all the benefits from the in-context and One Touch experiences to significantly improve the customer experience and increase your checkout conversion. You will then be able to administer all your PayPal transactions through the Braintree control panel.
It works out-of the box with the latest Magento responsive default checkout and has been integrated with the most popular checkout extensions from:
- Awesome Checkout
- OneStepCheckout (iDev)
- Fire Checkout
- Amasty Checkout
Whilst we have made every effort to provide integration files for the popular checkout solutions if bespoke customisation work has taken place on your store’s checkout we cannot guarantee the extension will work out of the box.
For support please contact the GENE's Braintree Support Desk
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Compatible with EE: 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2 1.14.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Automatically display Hosted Field postal code if AVS is enabled.
Add new actions for when a 3D secure transactions liability cannot be shifted.
Resolve issue with US PayPal addresses causing an error to be thrown when using express.
Resolve issue with Fire Checkout 1 column templates.
Optimise inclusion of assets when express is disabled.
Version number: 2.1.6 Stability: Stable Compatibility: 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9, 1.9.1, 1.9.2
Resolve further issues with admin ordering.
Fix admin MOTO orders
Version number: 2.1.5 Stability: Stable Compatibility: 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9, 1.9.1, 1.9.2
Resolve an exception thrown when trying to create MOTO orders.
General bug fixes
Version number: 2.1.4 Stability: Stable Compatibility: 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9, 1.9.1, 1.9.2
Improve 3D secure window on mobile.
Resolve issue with PayPal Express closing straight after being opened.
Resolve issue which caused PayPal to report a currency mismatch from merchant account.
Resolve issue with vault card flow whilst being logged in.
Bug fixes + minor features
Version number: 2.1.3 Stability: Stable Compatibility: 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9, 1.9.1, 1.9.2
Upgrade Braintree PHP SDK to 3.17.0.
Upgrade device data collection to use v3 SDK.
Add option to only use Vault flow when a customer explicitly states they wish to vault their PayPal account.
Add ability to set specific billing countries for 3DS.
Add ability to save cards in the admin through MOTO orders.
Removal of legacy credit card template files.
Include MOTO flag for MOTO transactions.
Resolve issue with PayPal Express button displaying incorrectly.
Resolve issue with submission of checkout due to incorrect 3DS flag.
Resolve issue with PayPal Express on a configurable swatch product.
Resolve issue with Fire Checkout by implementing patch into core.
Resolve issue with shipping methods displaying multiple times in express.
Implement system that attempts to resolve issues with submission function being overwritten by another module.