OverviewBack to top
Tax-exempt refers to financial gain or transaction units free from tax at the federal, state, or native level. Tax-exempt may additionally check with the standing of a business or organization that has limits on the quantity of financial gain or gifts that area unit nonexempt.
Taxation is levied to the customer in many countries of the European Union, UK, Malta, and the Bahamas, etc. Some of these countries offer TAX relief to a specific category of citizens (Differently abled) on a list of specific products. Those specific products can be Health equipment and equipment essential for Differently Able people. This module is basically a way out for not charging TAX for eligible customers. If your eCommerce store is in one of the countries where VAT is applicable and you want to exempt TAX for any of your product(s) and shipping then this will be a very helpful module for you.
- Customer-based tax exemption: A customer can select a Tax Id type( Resale Number or IRS number) and enter Id number while doing registration on the store and the customer can upload the related certificate. Once the Customer is eligible for tax-exempt, then the customer will able to checkout with Tax Exempt on products, It will be applicable for all purchases of that customer.
- Guest checkout: For Guest Checkout, this module works by adding one extra step at checkout e.i. ‘Tax Exempt’. The customer can select the tax type (Resale Number or IRS Number) from drop-down then enter the Tax Id value, once the guest customer enters these details, the Customer becomes eligible for tax exemption and the customer will able to checkout without Tax. The tax id and Tax type will be saved in order details.
- Create customer & order from admin: The extension gives provision to add tax type and tax id value while creating the customer from admin. Also, admin can edit customer detail for all fields related to Tax exemption and can enable or disable the tax-exempt flag.
- Exempt documentation support: A customer can upload documents in different types of file extensions like jpg, jpeg, gif, png, pdf, txt, doc, docx, ppt from Customer's account.
- Products type supported: The extension works with Simple and Configurable product types.
- Price support: The extension works with Tier price and Special price.
- Payment method support: The extension supports and tested with PayPal Express Checkout, Sage pay, and Check/Money Order.
- API support: TAX details will be available at TAX level for TAX exempted Order. No API used to verify tax details Admin needs to do this at his end.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current)
25 June, 2020
Extensions, Accounting & Finance, Taxes
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Stable Release Version: Version 1.0.0
Compatibility: Magento® CE : 2.0.x to 2.3.0
Initial public release
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor