Payment integration with the Square payment processor. Adds a customizable Square-hosted credit card form to the Payment Methods section of checkout.
OverviewBack to top
Square, formally known as SquareUp, is a payment processing solutions provider that rose to popularity with its credit card magnetic stripe readers that allow any merchant to transform their smartphone or tablet into a POS terminal. Having expanding on their base offering of brick-and-mortar solutions, they now support eCommerce solutions for processing payments online, such as through stores powered by Magento.
This extension provides a way for you to accept credit cards on your Magento 1.x store and have the payments flow into your Square account dashboard, keepING all the accounting and bookkeeping in one place. This extension works by adding a new payment method to Magento -- in both the front-end checkout and the Admin Panel. Despite being a seamless integration where the customer interaction stays within Magento, be at ease knowing that sensitive credit card information is handled exclusively by Square's secure servers.
Tokenization is used to keep sensitive credit card information directly between the payment processor and your customer. By using this technique, Magento is not in a position to compromise customer's sensitive information which is is an important facet of PCI DSS compliance. Regardless of which PCI compliance level applies to your business, Square's software complies with PCI DSS on your behalf. Additionally, this extension will only work on sites served over HTTPS.
A Square account is required for this extension to work -- sign up here. Since this extension communicates with Square through its API, you will be subject to API pricing which as of this writing is 2.9% plus $0.30 per payment.
This extension offers:
- Support for saved credit cards (i.e. "Save for future use" and "Use card ending in -xxxx")
- Allows creation of orders from both the front-end and Admin Panel.
- Fully PCI-compliant -- no sensitive information ever reaches your server, it all stays between your customer and Square.
- Supports both (a) "Authorize Only" for delayed capture, as well as (b) "Authorize and Capture" for immediate capture at the moment of purchase.
- Supports Square's chargeback protection eligibility.
- Works with with multiple 3rd party checkouts. We will make it compatible with any non-supported checkout upon request.
The use of HTTPS is required for this extension to work, as is mandated by Square. PHP version 5.3+ is required.
We are providing free installation and set-up assistance.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 184.108.40.206 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
1.4.1 -- May. 04, 2017 -- Technical optimizations
1.4.0 -- Apr. 16, 2017 -- Added support for saved credit cards (i.e. "Save for future use" and "Use card ending in -xxxx")
1.3.0 -- Apr. 15, 2017 -- Added additional support for 3rd party checkouts:
1.2.0 -- Mar. 2017 -- Application permissions with Square performed via OAuth
1.1.0 -- Mar. 2017 -- Added support for credit memo / refunds
1.0.3 -- Feb. 2017 -- Conversion of storefront currency to Square account base currency
1.0.2 -- Jan. 2017 -- Bug fixes
1.0.1 -- Dec. 2016 -- Bug fixes
1.0.0 -- Dec. 2016 -- This is the very first release