OverviewBack to top
Nublue's MageTube Advanced YouTube Editor Extension increases Magento's video functionality by exposing the YouTube API to allow for options such as video looping, playback length, video sound and video appearance in the Admin panel. This will allow you to embed YouTube videos easily onto your products for your ecommerce site.
MageTube allows for snippets of videos to be used which can accommodate custom start & end times. MageTube also extends the default product description tabs to create a new product video tab on your product pages. You can customize the name of the tab, as well as the text and layout of videos within the product video tab itself.
MageTube is particularly useful for demonstration videos and 360 degree product videos, in addition to another other kind of video you require on your product pages.
Accounts & Pricing
MageTube utilises YouTube's API to embed the videos into your product pages. For this API to work you will need a separate Google Account, created directly with Google before configuring the extension on your site. https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started
There are no additional fees involved in creating this account. When registering your account, you will need to request a YouTube API Key which you can then enter into the configuration settings in the Magento Admin Panel.
A separate YouTube account may also be needed to host your own product videos. There are no extra fees involved when creating this account. It can be created directly with YouTube.
Once the extension is setup it just requires the video URL's from YouTube that you want to display on your products, which is entered directly into the video form in the Magento Admin Panel.
The MageTube Extension allows for a variety of customisation options for your videos which can be found in the ‘Nublue MageTube’ tab in ‘Content’ in your Magento Admin panel. These features include:
- Auto-filling of the video's title and description from Youtube can be toggled on or off as required.
- The ability to specify which section of the video you would like to be shown on your ecommerce site e.g all of the video, the first 5 seconds or a 30 sec portion taken from the middle of the video. These snippets are saved in your Magento database for future use.
- Videos can be assigned to individual products with the multi-select function, making the creation of your product page easy and simple.
- Front-end customisation options are also available with the MageTube Extension that will allow you to chose from a variety of styles to display your videos, including whether you want to display the video title/description. These options can be applied to all of your videos through the configuration settings in the Admin panel or to just individual videos as you need.
- Also you can choose whether you want the video to auto play, if you would like the sound on the video to be muted or not on first load and decide if you want the original YouTube video controls to be displayed on the video or not (the play, pause, rewind buttons and video length bar).
- To further customise your videos, the MageTube Extension allows additional CSS to be added so your videos can be on-brand with the rest of your website.
- Finally, you can add multiple videos to the database at once by importing csv files under ‘System’ > ‘Import’ then select ‘MageTube Product Videos’ from the dropdown. This saves time and prevents you from having to add each video one by one. You can also export videos direct from the video grid at 'Content > MageTube'.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
19 August, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management, Product Content, Rich Media
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor