OverviewBack to top
The Drop A Hint extension for Magento 2 allows you to send a 'hint card' via email to a friend or loved one to subtly hint to them that you really want that product. The extension adds an option to the front-end product page under the 'Add to Cart' button, in the same way the default 'Add to Wish List' link appears. You can create multiple template designs for the cards in the Magento admin panel so that your customers can send a hint no matter the occasion, from Birthdays to National holidays like Christmas.
The form that appears on the front-end after clicking the 'Send a Hint' link allows customers to choose any card design from a drop-down and preview the design before sending it via email to the recipient. Drop A Hint utilises Google Invisible reCAPTCHA to prevent gaming of the service.
- Multiple cards can be created in the Magento admin panel to provide templates for various occasions, such as: Birthdays, Christmas, Valentines Day and other monumental celebrations.
- Templates can include as much or as little customization as you wish for the various occasions your customers may want to 'Drop A Hint' for.
- A preview option is available to view your templates before submitting them to your site for your customers to use.
- ReCAPTCHA settings can be enabled to prevent spamming on the Send a Hint form. This requires a separate Google Account.
- On the front-end, customers can click the 'Send a Hint' option under the 'Add to Cart' button that brings up the selection of templates you have created.
- Customers can choose any template, fill in their name and the recipients name and email address and hit send. The recipient will then receive the email hint.
- The user is informed that their 'Drop A Hint' email has been sent successfully with a message on the Send a Hint form.
Account & Pricing
Drop A hint utilises Google Invisible reCAPTCHA to prevent gaming of the service. This requires a separate Google ReCaptcha service account. This account will need to be created directly with Google by registering here. There are no additional fees involved in creating this account, the service from Google is Free. The extension will require your site key and secret key which you will obtain from Google when registering with the service. You can enter these keys into the configuration settings for the extension in your Magento Admin panel.
Installation & Support
We can provide installation and support services if required. Further details are available by emailing email@example.com.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
08 July, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management, Product Content
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor