Connect Magento to Slack: Get instant sales & security notifications in Slack. Daily & weekly summaries.
OverviewBack to top
slackCommerce connects Magento to Slack. Sales pop up in your Slack app, either as they happen, or summarised at the end of the day or week. Get instant notifications of security issues. Direct specific order status changes to specific people or channels.
If you haven't heard of Slack, it's an awesome way for teams to communicate, cutting down email and helping everyone be on the same level, at the same time.
How does slackCommerce integrate?
Essentially you'll get all the essential info from your store in real time onto your mobile or desktop Slack app.
- Get notified of new orders as they happen.
- No nagging worries that there's a site issue, a viral hit, payment problems.
- Read Daily and Weekly order summaries, direct in a specific Slack channel.
- No more napkin-math to work out if sales are up today or this week.
- Send specific alerts to specific Slack channels (including private channels)
- eg. Ping your warehouse crew with every new order, send new Invoices to your accountant, and hack login attempts to your dev team.
- Cut back training : now your whole team can see how your store is doing; no need to train everybody how to use Magento, give them new passwords, etc. All they need is their slack account and they will instantly have access to the public channels.
- Better team communication - as events happen you can chat with your team in real time.
Check out Slack here. We made slackCommerce totally free of charge, Slack itself is free as well - so what are you waiting for?
Installation is as easy as any of our other Magento extensions.
- Download the zip, open it.
- Install the contents of Step 1, then when those have completed, install the contents of Step 2.
- Clear the cache and log out. You've now installed slackCommerce in your store, it probably took you 30 seconds so reward yourself with a cuppa now, as you wouldn't have had time before!
- Head to System > Configuration --> Moogento / slackCommerce to set the various options.
- First step is to link the extension to your Slack channel. You'll see a box to enter the webhook URL - to find this, just go to the Slack Channel that you want to connect to. You'll see a link at the base to 'Add Integration'. Click through the resulting page in Slack to get the 'inbound webhook URL', and enter that back n your config page.
- You're now connected!
slackCommerce installs in minutes, it's super-simple to use, and you'll be wondering how you did without it in no time! Integrate Slack with Magento, no other software needed.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0
- Stability: Stable Build
We're proud to release our first extension for Magento 2 - slackCommerce. This is a powerful but simple way to be notified of sales and security alerts from your store, inside Slack. If you're killing it with sales you can disable per-sale notifications, and just get a daily or weekly summary. The security alert system will let you know as soon as any failed attempts to login are made - you might be surprised how fast they come. Enjoy.
* This version has simple