Customers can pay a random amount on the store itself for customized product & services, or donations.
OverviewBack to top
The Custom price extension is useful when the store admin is collecting an amount that varies, such as: Donations, Support fees, Service Charges and other such payments where the amount is random in nature. The admin will be able to share a special product URL with customers where they can enter a random amount and checkout easily. The order will be placed in the Magento admin along with the comment entered by the buyer. This is the easiest way to collect variable amounts directly from your store.
• Admin will be allowed to enable custom price for specific products on the store.
• In the front end, the customer will be allowed to enter the amount they are paying for the customized product or donations and checkout as usual.
• Buyer will have the option to write a few lines of description for the payment makes.
• All the payments and orders will be made available in the Magento admin itself. Hence, it is not necessary to collect amount separately via other payment methods.
• Admin will be given the privilege to specify the minimum payable amount.
• A custom message can be displayed to the buyers who enter the price which is lesser than the minimum price.
• Buyers will also be allowed to checkout with the price decided after negotiation over phone calls or Emails.
• List of orders made using custom price would be available separately in Magento admin at Custom Price --> Custom Price Orders
The admin can receive payments for products like:
- Products without any fixed valuation or pricing
- Customized products
- Services rendered
- Support cost
- Consulting charges and fees
Below are the Magento product types that are compatible with custom price extension:
- Simple Products
- Downloadable Products
- Virtual Products
- Configurable Products
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 126.96.36.199 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
1. Added Modified code to match with Magento's updated coding standards.
2. Added Minor Bug Fixes.