Auto-add a free gift to the customer cart. Create BOGO, "On each $X spent," "Each Nth free" promotions and many more. Let the customer select their free and discounted products directly from the cart.
OverviewBack to top
The Free Gift extension makes it possible to give your customers free gifts or discounted items in many different ways. Auto-add a free gift with another product, offer a discounted item on every $X spent or as a BOGO, auto-add a free gift if a condition is matched, offer a discount on each Nth product added and more. Let the customer know about the promotion by displaying banners and ribbons on products that come with a free gift, and on the discounted product pages.
Tell the customer about the promotions by displaying hint messages in the cart. For example: "Add another t-shirt to get your free cap." Inform the customer to select their free or discounted products directly in the cart, by displaying a message like "Get a free watch!". The customer can click this message and select his free watch directly in the cart.
- Auto-add a free gift to the customer cart in various ways - using the extension you can define cart rules and coupons that allow auto-adding a free gift. You can auto-add the free gift as a BOGO, 2+1, each third free, auto-add a gift on each $X amount spent and more.
- Offer discounted products to the customer in various ways - create cart rules that offer the customer discounted products. Use the 12 new cart rule types to do that - "On each $X spent," BOGO, 2+2, each Nth product with 50% discount and more.
- Let the customer select his discounted products directly in the cart - the extension displays a call-to-action message in the cart like "Get a bag with 50% discount". The customer clicks this message and gets a pop-up that contains all the products that he can get with the discount (e.g., bags). The customer then selects the discounted products that he wants and adds them to the cart.
- The extension adds 12 new actions to the cart rules -Simple auto-add / discount - allows auto-adding a product or offering a discounted product to the customer, without a condition or with a cart rule condition.
- Auto-add / discount on each $X spent - allows auto-adding or offering a discounted product, on each $X spent. That is, every time the customer adds $X of particular products to the cart, you auto-add a free gift to his cart, or offer a discounted product.
- BOGO - aka "Buy one, get one" - allows auto-adding a product or offering a discounted product, whenever another product is added to the cart. That is, once the customer adds the "Buy" product (or products), you can auto-add a free "Get" product, or offer the customer discounted products.
- Each Nth product free - allows creating promotions like "Each third free," "Each forth with 50%", 2+2, etc. That is, you can create a cart rule that discounts each Nth item that the customer adds to the cart.
- Use three discount types - percent discount, fixed discount, and fixed price. Each of the four promotion types above has 3 actions - percent discount, fixed discount, and fixed price. The combination of promotions with the discount types creates 12 new actions that allow creating a great variety of cart rules, and many new ways to add free gifts.
Auto-Add A Free Gift
The extension allows auto-adding a free gift, or offering a discounted product to the customer, on every $X worth of items added to the cart. This type of promotion encourages the customer to increase his cart value by adding more products to it.
Example: The promotion is "Get a free cat treat on each $50 spent on cat food". If the customer adds $40 worth of cat food, the extension will tell him (by displaying a message in the cart) "Add $10 worth more of cat food to get a cat treat for free". This will encourage the customer to add some more cat food to the cart. Then if for example, the customer has $60 worth of cat food in the cart, the extension will auto-add the cat treat and tell the customer "Add $40 worth more of cat food to get your next cat treat for free". This will encourage the customer to add some more cat food to his cart.
More Examples Of "On Each $X Spent" Promotions:
- "On each $100 spent in the store, get a free gift."
- "On each $50 spent on jeans, get a 50% discount on t-shirts."
- Back to school - "On each $50 spent on school equipment, get a backpack for $5 only!"
Auto-Add A Free Gift In BOGO, 2+1 & More
The extension allows for creating BOGO promotions. The BOGO promotion can auto-add or offer a discounted product to the customer when he adds a particular product(s) to the cart. The extension also allows creating "Each Nth product free or discounted" promotions. Each Nth promotion discounts each Nth product in the customer cart. That is, both in BOGO and Each Nth, whenever the customer adds a certain product(s) to the cart, he gets some other product(s) for free or with a discount. These promotion types encourage the customer to add more products to get his free or discounted product(s).
Example: The promotion is "Buy two pairs of pants, get two t-shirts for free." The customer adds one pair of pants to the cart. The extension than displays the following message in the cart - "Add another pair of pants, to get two t-shirts for free!". This message encourages the customer to add another pair of pants, and once he does it, a message shows up in the cart "Get two t-shirts for free!". He can click this message and select his two free t-shirts directly in the cart.
More Examples Of "BOGO" Promotions:
- "Each third book with 70% discount."
- "Buy a tuxedo, get a free tie."
- "Buy two jeans, get a t-shirt for $5."
Auto-Add A Free Gift With A Condition
The extension allows auto-adding a product to the customer cart if the conditions are met. Use the flexible conditions engine that allows you to base the conditions on the customer attributes, customer sales history, customers cart, product custom options, and more. You can also auto-add a free gift or offer a discounted product without any condition. This is a great idea when you want to make your customers happy without reason.
- Female customers get perfume as a gift for mother's day
- Customers who have at least three orders over the last year, get a t-shirt auto-added to their cart.
- New customer - 50% discount on your first t-shirt
- Auto-add a small gift on every purchase to any customer
- Customer who adds a print on their t-shirt (a custom option) - gets a free car sticker.
Display Messages Regarding The Promo
Let the customer know about the ongoing promotion by displaying hint messages in the cart. These messages also tell the customer what products are missing to fulfill the promotion.
Example #1: "Add another bag, to get a designer wallet for $10 only!" - This hint message encourages the customer to add another bag to his cart. Once the customer adds another bag to the cart, the message is "Get a designer wallet for $10". The customer clicks this message and selects his discounted designer wallet directly in the cart.
Example #2: "Add $10 more worth of jeans, to get your free t-shirt" - the customer sees this message and decides to add some more jeans to the cart. Once he does it, the free t-shirt is auto-added to his cart.
Select The Promo Products In The Cart
The extension displays a message in the cart, telling the customer that he is eligible to get his free / discounted products. That is, once the customer fulfills the cart rule conditions, a message will show up, letting him select his free / discounted products in the cart.If the products have configurable options or custom options - they are shown in the pop-up. That way, the customer can configure his free / discounted products directly within the cart.
Example #1: The following message shows up in the cart - "Get one t-shirt for free!". It shows up next to the jeans because the promotion is "Buy jeans, get a t-shirt for free." The customer clicks this message and is presented with a list of t-shirts that he can select for free. He selects the t-shirt, configures its size and color, and clicks "Add to cart." The free t-shirt now shows up in his cart, with a message "You got this for free!".
Example #2: The following message shows up in the cart - "Get two necklaces with 50% discount". The customer clicks the message, and the pop-up shows up, listing the discounted necklaces that the customer can choose from.
Display Ribbons In The Promo Products
Let your customer know about the promotion by displaying ribbons and banners in the product pages. That is, when you create a cart rule using the extension, you can select a ribbon and a banner to show on the product pages of the promoted products. You can display different ribbons and banners in the products that are discounted, and in the products that come with a free gift (or with a discounted product).
Example #1: The promotion is "Buy jeans, get a t-shirt for free." In the jeans product page, there is a ribbon "Get a free t-shirt with purchase." In the free t-shirt product page, there is a ribbon "Get this for free on buying a pair of jeans."
Example #2: The promotion is "Each third book for $5". In the book product pages, there is a banner "Each third for $5".
Example #3: The promotion is "On each $50 spent on cat food, get a free treat". In the cat food, there is a banner, and a ribbon saying "Spend $50 on this and get a free treat!", and in the treats product page, there is a ribbon "Get one free on each $50 spent on cat food".
Use Coupon Codes In The Promos
You can set coupon codes to the promotions created by the extension. This is possible because of the way the extension works - it extends the functionality of the Magento cart rules. Therefore, you can give your customers coupons like "Buy jeans, get a free t-shirt," "1+1 on bags", "Each third necklace for $5", "Free gift with a purchase" and all the other promotions that are possible to create using the extension. The promotion will only get activated once the customer inserts the coupon code in the cart - this is the same behavior as Magento core coupons.
Display An Invalid Coupon Message
If the customer applies the coupon, and the coupon is invalid because some of the conditions don't match - the extension will display an informative error message. This will encourage the customer to add some more products to his cart to get the coupon applied. It will also reduce confusion and frustration, leading to a better buying experience.
Example #1: The coupon is "Buy two pairs of pants, get a t-shirt for free." The customer adds one pair of pants and applies the coupon. The coupon is invalid since there should be at least two pairs of pants in the cart. Therefore the extension will display the error message "Add another pair of pants to the cart. Then try applying the coupon again. You should get one t-shirt for free!".
Example #2: The coupon is "Buy $50 worth of cat food, and get a treat for free". The customer adds $40 worth of cat food to the cart and applies the coupon. The extension will display the error message "Add $10 more worth of cat food. Then try applying the coupon again. You should get one treat for free!".
Use Extended Conditions In Your Promos
Customer Attributes include: user name, email, date of birth, registration date, and any other Customer attributes to define your cart rules.
Example: New York customers get a free "I Love NY" car sticker added to their cart
Customer's Sales History
Create rules based on the number of sales within a period of time. Use order statuses and amounts to define your cart rules.
Example: Old customers (customer who purchased at least once in the past) - get 2+2 on t-shirts
Example: New customers - get each third t-shirt with 50% discount
Product Custom Options
Create rules based on the custom options that the customer selected.
Example: Customers who get a picture with a metal frame (custom option is "Frame Material = Metal") - get a polish kit auto-added to their cart for free.
Human-Friendly Discount Description
The extension allows displaying a human-friendly text in the discount breakdown in the cart. Often the customers are confused about their discount - they are not sure what they've got it for and if it was calculated correctly. The extension solves this problem by offering two new types of discount breakdowns - the Comprehensive description and the Product names list.
This type of breakdown uses a human-friendly language in the discount breakdown.
Example #1: The discount breakdown text is - "Got one V-neck t-shirt for buying one Denim Jeans." This text shows up in the discount breakdown because the customer used the promotion "Buy a pair of jeans, get a t-shirt for free." The customer added Denim jeans to the cart and got the V-neck t-shirt for free.
Example #2: "Got Sports short for $10, for buying 2 of Sports bras" - this shows up in the discount breakdown because the active promotion in the website is "Buy two sports bras, get a short for $10". The customer added two sports bras to the cart and got the sports short for $10.
Product Names List
This type of breakdown displays the name of the cart rule that caused the discount and the product names that were discounted.
Example: The active promotion is "Buy a pair of jeans, get a t-shirt for free." The name of the cart rule is "Jeans + T-shirt." The customer added a pair of jeans to the cart and got the Basic t-shirt for free. The discount breakdown will show "Jeans + T-shirt: Basic t-shirt."
Pop-Up On The First Customer Visit
Another way to let your customers know about your ongoing promotions is by displaying a pop-up. The extension allows displaying a pop-up to the customer on his first visit to the website. The pop-up won't show up in customers' future visits - this way, the customer won't get annoyed by it.
- Skip products that have tier/special/catalog rule price.
- Limit the maximum discount amount and the discount quantity per cart rule.
- Ability to mass delete promotions through the rules grid
- 100% Open Source
- Free lifetime support
- Marketplace's Refund Policy: 25-Day Refund Policy
Backend (username: demo / password: qwer1234)
By purchasing a license of the extension, you also get free software updates for a lifetime. We are already working on new cool features which will, for sure, improve the usability of your website. And all this is free for you!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
The first release of the Free Gift extension