Discount each Nth product, create N+M promotions
OverviewBack to top
The "Each N Promotion" extension makes it possible to create promotions that allow discounting each Nth product in the cart. That is, the customer will add items to the cart for the full price until he will reach the Nth item. He will then get the Nth item with the discount. After that, he will add the next items for the full price, until he'll reach the next Nth item and get it with the discount, and so on.
For example, if the promotion is "Each third bag for free" - the customer will add first two bags to the cart for the full price, and will get the third bag for free, then if he'll add the next two bags for the full price – he'll get the next bag for free, and so on.
The extension also allows creating N+M promotions. That is, the customer will add the first N products to the cart for the full price and will get the next M products with a discount, and so on. For example, if the promotion is “3+2 on t-shirts” – the customer will pay the full price for the first three t-shirts and will get the next two for free, and so on.
The extension adds a new action “Each N / N+M” to the cart rules, allowing easily defining the products that the promotion is applied on. The extension has 3 different discount types – percent discount, fixed price and fixed discount.
Examples of Each N / N+M promotions:
- Get each second t-shirt with 50% discount
- 2+2 on all products in the shop
- 1+2 on Adidas pants (ordered by most expensive)
- Each forth book for free
Create Flexible Each N Promotions
The Each N promotions are created within the cart price rules. That is, an Each N promotion is a cart price rule, and you can define conditions on the discounted items. This gives you a great flexibility when defining the products of the promotion. For instance, you can use categories, attribute values and more.
- Get $20 discount on each second Adidas pants in the cart
- 2+1 on Ray Ban glasses
Select the Order of the Discounted Products
The extension allows choosing the order by which the items in the cart will get discounted. The two choices are – most expensive and cheapest. If for example “most expensive” is chosen, and the promotion is “Each third bag for free” – the first two most expensive bags will be added to the cart for the full price, and for the next bag, the customer will get 100% discount.
Create Each N / N+M Coupons
Using the extension, you can set coupon codes for your Each N promotions. Since the extension uses Magento cart rules, you can choose whether to set a coupon code or not for your promotion.
Use 3 Different Types of Discounts
The extension allows you to choose one of the three possible discount types – percent discount, fixed price, and fixed discount.
- Each second pizza with 30% discount
- Buy three lipsticks, get the next two for $1 only
- Get $10 discount on each second bag
Upsell Cart Hints and Invalid Coupon Guiding Messages
The extension allows you to display upsell hints in the cart. Those hints encourage the customer to upsell his order – to add more products in order to get his Each N / N+M discount. That is if the customer has few products in the cart, and some products are missing for the promotion, a hint message will show up in the cart, telling the customer that he can add those products, in order to get the discount.
- The ongoing promotion is “2+1 on shorts”. The customer adds one pair of shorts to the cart. In the cart he sees the message “Add one more pair of shorts, to get the next pair of shorts for free! " – this message is the upsell cart hint.
- The promotion is “Get $10 discount on each forth bag”. The promotion has a coupon code. The customer has three bags in his cart, and he tries to apply the coupon code. The coupon won’t get applied, because there should be at least four bags in the cart. But the following message will show up – “Add one more bag to the cart. Then try applying the coupon again. You should get the bag with a $10 discount!”
Display a Popup on the First Customer Visit
The extension makes it possible to display a popup telling the customer about the promotion. Just choose the image for the popup, and it will show up as long as the promotion is active. It will show up only once per customer – on his first visit to the website.
Use Customer Attributes, Customer Order History and Custom Options in the Rule Definition
The extension makes it possible to use customer attributes, customer order history and product custom options to define the conditions and the products of the Each N promotion. That is, you can use customer attributes or the customer order history in the conditions of the promotion. And you can use custom options in the conditions of the products.
- Customers, who have at least 2 paid orders from the last 10 days, get their every second bag with 50% discount
- Customers, who have been registered to the website before 2/3/2017, get 2+2 on all products in the website
- Get $20 discount on each third pair of glasses with shaded lenses in the cart (shaded lenses is a custom option)
3 Discount Description Types
Choose one of the 3 different discount description types – rule label only, rule label and product names or a comprehensive description. The first two allow you to display the rule label and the product names that the discount was applied on in the discount description. The third is the “comprehensive description” – it uses a human language to explain to the customer about the discount that was applied, and about the products that are involved in the discount.
The promotion is “2+2 on t-shirts” (ordered by most expensive). The customer has three t-shirts A and one t-shirt B in the cart. The t-shirt A is the most expensive, therefore two t-shirts A are added for the full price, and one t-shirt A and one t-shirt B are getting the 100% discount.
The “rule label” description will be – “2+2 on t-shirts”.
The “rule label and the product names” description will be - “2+2 on t-shirts: t-shirt A, t-shirt B”.
The comprehensive description of the discount will be – “Got a t-shirt A and a t-shirt B for free”.
- Ability to skip products that have a tier price or a special price
- Ability to limit the maximum discount, or the number of discounted products per promotion
- Mass delete cart rules through the cart rules grid
100% Open Source
Free lifetime support
25 days money back guarantee
By purchasing a license of the extension, you also get free software updates for a lifetime. We are already working on new cool features which will for sure improve the usability of your website. And all this is free for you!
I have more questions, how can I contact you?
You can send us questions/requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us through our contact form on the website. We will answer you as fast as possible!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
First release of the module