Discount the products in the cart, depending on their sequence
OverviewBack to top
The Discount Steps Promotion extension allows you to apply different discounts on products in the cart, depending on their sequence. That is, you can apply some discount to the first N products in the cart, another discount to the next M, another discount to the next K and so on.
Using this extension you can encourage the customer to buy more of some product, by offering him a higher discount on the products after that a certain amount is reached.
The extension adds a new action “Discount Steps” in the cart rules, allowing to easily defining the products that the promotion will get applied on. The extension has 3 different discount types – percent discount, fixed price and fixed discount.
Examples of Discount Steps promotions:
- Get 10% on the first 3 t-shirts, 20% on the 2 next t-shirts, 30% on the next 2 t-shirts.
- Add the 3 most expensive items in the cart for a full price, and get the next 2 with 5% discount, and the next 2 with 10% discount.
- Get the cheapest bag in the cart for $10 and the second cheapest bag for $20, when buying at least 4 bags.
Create Flexible Discount Steps Promotions
The Discount Steps promotions are created within the cart price rules. That is, a Discount Steps promotion is a cart price rule, and you can define conditions on the discounted items. This gives you a great flexibility when defining the products of the promotion. For instance, you can use categories, attribute values and more.
- Get 5% discount on the 2 cheapest Adidas pants in the cart, get 10% on the next 3.
- Add a pair of Ray-Ban glasses to cart, and get the next cheaper ones with 10$ discount, and the next cheaper ones with $20 discount.
Create Discount Steps Coupons
Using the extension, you can set coupon codes for your Discount Steps promotions. Since the extension uses Magento cart rules, you can choose whether to set a coupon code or not for your promotion.
Use 3 Different Types of Discounts
The extension allows you to choose one of the three possible discount types – percent discount, fixed price, and fixed discount.
- Order 2 pizzas for a full price and get the next 2 with 50% discount.
- Get the third most expensive book in the cart for $5 only.
- Get 10$ discount on the second necklace, 20$ discount on the third.
Upsell Cart Hints and Invalid Coupon Guiding Messages
The extension allows you to display upsell hints in the cart. Those hints encourage the customer to upsell his order – to add more products in order to get his Discount Steps discount. That is, if the customer has few products in the cart, and some products are missing for the promotion, a hint message will show up in the cart, telling the customer that he can add those products, in order to get the discount.
- The ongoing promotion is “Get 10% on first 3 t-shirts, 20% on the 2 next t-shirts”. The customer adds one t-shirt to the cart. In the cart, he sees the message “You've got one t-shirt with a 10% discount. Get your next 2 t-shirts with a 10% discount each. " – this message is the upsell cart hint.
- The promotion is “Get $5 discount on the first bag, $10 discount on the second, $15 on the third”. The promotion has a coupon code. The customer has a t-shirt in his cart, and he tries to apply the coupon code. The coupon won’t get applied, because there should be at least one bag in the cart. But the following message will show up – “Add one bag to cart. Then try applying the coupon again. You should get the bag with a $5 discount!”
Display a Popup on the First Customer Visit
The extension makes it possible to display a popup telling the customer about the promotion. Just choose the image for the popup, and it will show up as long as the promotion is active. It will show up only once per customer – on his first visit to the website.
Use Customer Attributes, Customer Order History and Custom Options in the Rule Definition
The extension makes it possible to use customer attributes, customer order history and product custom options to define the conditions and the products of the Discount Steps promotion. That is, you can use customer attributes or the customer order history in the conditions of the promotion. And you can use custom options in the conditions of the products.
- Customers, who have at least 2 paid orders from the last 10 days, get their most expensive t-shirt in the cart with 5% discount, and the next t-shirt with a 10% discount
- Customers, who have been registered to the website after 2/3/2017, get the second most expensive designer’s watch in the cart for $150 only, and the third most expensive designer’s watch in the cart for $100 only
- Get $20 discount on the second cheapest glasses with shaded lenses in the cart (shaded lenses is a custom option)
3 Discount Description Types
Choose one of the 3 different discount description types – rule label only, rule label and product names or a comprehensive description. The first two allow you to display the rule label and the product names that the discount was applied on in the discount description. The third is the “comprehensive description” – it uses a human language to explain to the customer about the discount that was applied, and about the products that are involved in the discount.
The promotion is “Add the most expensive t-shirt in the cart for a full price, get the next 2 with a 10% discount”. The customer has t-shirt A, t-shirt B and t-shirt C in the cart. The t-shirt A is the most expensive, therefore the t-shirt B and the t-shirt C get the 10% discount.
The “rule label” description will be – “Add the most expensive t-shirt in the cart for a full price, get the next 2 with 10% discount”.
The “rule label and the product names” description will be - “Add the most expensive t-shirt in the cart for a full price, get the next 2 with 10% discount: t-shirt B, t-shirt C”.
The comprehensive description of the discount will be – “Got 10% discount on t-shirt B and t-shirt C”.
- Ability to skip products that have a tier price or a special price
- Ability to limit the maximum discount, or the number of discounted products per promotion
- Mass delete cart rules through the cart rules grid
Backend (username:demo / password:qwer1234)
100% Open Source
Free lifetime support
25 days money back guarantee
By purchasing a license of the extension, you also get free software updates for a lifetime. We are already working on new cool features which will for sure improve the usability of your website. And all this is free for you!
I have more questions, how can I contact you?
You can send us questions/requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us through our contact form on the website. We will answer you as fast as possible!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
First module release