Discount the cheapest and/or most expensive item in the cart
OverviewBack to top
Make your customers happy by offering them discounts on the cheapest (or the most expensive) product in the cart. The extension adds a new action to the Magento cart rules – “Cheapest / Most Expensive”. It allows discounting the Nth cheapest / most expensive item in the cart. It has 3 different discount types – percent discount, fixed discount, and fixed price. That is, you can offer the customer any percentage discount on the Nth cheapest (or most expensive) item in the cart, as well as giving him the item for a fixed price or with a fixed discount.
The extension also allows defining conditions on the discounted items. That is, you can discount the cheapest product in the cart that only fulfills some condition. For example, offering to discount the cheapest bag in the cart.
Examples of Cheapest / Most Expensive promotions:
- Get the cheapest item in the cart for free, when buying at least 3 products
- Get the most expensive item in cart with a 10% discount, when buying for at least $100
- Get the second most expensive bag in the cart for $1
Create Flexible Cheapest / Most Expensive Promotions
The Cheapest / Most Expensive promotions are created within the cart price rules. That is, a Cheapest / Most Expensive promotion is a cart price rule, and you can define conditions on the discounted items. This gives you a great flexibility when defining the products of the promotion. For instance, you can use categories, attribute values and more.
- Get 50% discount on a third most expensive Adidas pair of pants in the cart
- Get the cheapest Ray-Ban glasses in the cart for $20 only, when buying at least 3 pairs
Create Cheapest / Most Expensive Coupons
Using the extension, you can set coupon codes for your Cheapest / Most Expensive promotions. Since the extension uses Magento cart rules, you can choose whether to set a coupon code or not for your promotion.
Use 3 Different Types of Discounts
The extension allows you to choose one of the three possible discount types – percent discount, fixed price, and fixed discount.
- Order 2 pizzas and get the cheapest with 10% discount
- Get the third most expensive book in the cart for $5 only
Upsell Cart Hints and Invalid Coupon Guiding Messages
The extension allows you to display upsell hints in the cart. Those hints encourage the customer to upsell his order – to add more products in order to get his Cheapest / Most Expensive discount. That is if the customer has few products in the cart, and some products are missing for the promotion, a hint message will show up in the cart, telling the customer that he can add those products, in order to get the discount.
- The ongoing promotion is “Get the cheapest item in the cart for free when buying at least 3 items in the website”. The customer adds one t-shirt to the cart. In the cart he sees the message “Add 2 more products, to get the cheapest item in the cart for free!" – this message is the upsell cart hint.
- The promotion is “Get the third most expensive bag in the cart for $1”. The promotion has a coupon code. The customer has 2 bags in his cart, and he tries to apply the coupon code. The coupon won’t get applied, because there are only 2 bags in the cart (instead of three). But the following message will show up – “Add one more bag to cart. Then try applying the coupon again. You should get the bag for $1 only!”
Display a Popup on the First Customer Visit
The extension makes it possible to display a popup telling the customer about the promotion. Just choose the image for the popup, and it will show up as long as the promotion is active. It will show up only once per customer – on his first visit to the website.
Use Customer Attributes, Customer Order History and Custom Options in the Rule Definition
The extension makes it possible to use customer attributes, customer order history and product custom options to define the conditions and the products of the Cheapest / Most Expensive promotion. That is, you can use customer attributes or the customer order history in the conditions of the promotion. And you can use custom options in the conditions of the products.
- Customers, who have at least 2 paid orders from the last 10 days, get their cheapest item in cart with 10% discount
- Customers, who have been registered to the website after 2/3/2017, get the second most expensive designer’s watch in the cart for $100 only.
- Get $15 discount on the second cheapest glasses with shaded lenses in the cart (shaded lenses is a custom option)
3 Discount Description Types
Choose one of the 3 different discount description types – rule label only, rule label and product names or a comprehensive description. The first two allow you to display the rule label and the product names that the discount was applied on in the discount description. The third is the “comprehensive description” – it uses a human-friendly language to explain to the customer about the discount that was applied, and about the products that are involved in the discount.
The promotion is “Get the cheapest item in the cart for free, when buying at least 3 items in the website”. The customer has a Layla Tee, an Iris Workout Top and a Karmen Yoga Pant in the cart. The Iris Workout Top is the cheapest and it gets the 100% discount.
The “rule label” description will be – “Get the cheapest item in the cart for free, when buying at least 3 items in the website”.
The “rule label and the product names” description will be - “Get the cheapest item in the cart for free, when buying at least 3 items in the website: Iris Workout Top”.
The comprehensive description of the discount will be – “Got Iris Workout Top for free”.
- Ability to skip products that have a tier price or a special price
- Ability to limit the maximum discount, or the number of discounted products per promotion
- Mass delete cart rules through the cart rules grid
100% Open Source
Free lifetime support
25 days money back guarantee
By purchasing a license of the extension, you also get free software updates for a lifetime. We are already working on new cool features which will for sure improve the usability of your website. And all this is free for you!
I have more questions, how can I contact you?
You can send us questions/requests to email@example.com, or contact us through our contact form on the website. We will answer you as fast as possible!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
First release of the extension