Create bundled product promotions and coupons
OverviewBack to top
The Bundled Discount extension makes it possible to create bundled promotions and coupons. There are often products in the store that customers tend to buy together. For example, a t-shirt with pants and a belt, a bicycle with a pump, flowers with a greeting card and so on. The merchants can use this tendency in their favor, by encouraging the customers to buy those products together. This can be done by offering customers a bundled discount.
Using the extension, you can offer your customers bundled discounts and coupons. That is, you can define the products that construct the bundle (for example: t-shirt, pair of pants and a belt), and set a discount or a special price on them. You can also set a coupon code to the promotion.
Examples of bundled promotions:
- Buy 2 t-shirts, a pair of pants and a belt for $30
- Get $10 discount on buying 3 pairs of sunglasses + a designer’s hat.
- Get 20% discount on buying a set of pencils, 5 pens and a school bag.
Additionally, the extension lets the customer select the products of the bundle directly in the cart. It displays the bundled promotions in the cart, and shows the products that the bundle consists of. The customer then can easily select the missing products and add them directly in the cart.
The extension also helps you to encourage your customers to use the discount, by displaying hint messages in the cart, telling the customer what discount he can get if he adds certain more products to the cart.
Examples of cart hints:
- Add one more t-shirt and one pant, to get a set of 2 t-shirts and one pant for $100 only!
- Add $45 worth more products, to get 20% discount on bags!
- Add one more bag and one more watch, to get a set of 2 bags and 2 watches with $5 discount!
Easily create complex bundled promotions
The bundled promotions are created within the cart price rules. That is, a bundled promotion is a cart price rule, and the parts of the bundle are defined using the cart price rules engine. This gives you a great flexibly when defining the products that make up the parts of the bundle. For instance, you can use categories, attribute values and more.
- Buy any XL t-shirt with XXL pants, with 10% discount
- Buy 2 pairs of Ray Ban glasses with a black hat and a tie for $100
Create Bundled Discount Coupons
Using the extension, you can set coupon codes for your bundled promotions. Since the extension uses Magento cart rules, you can choose whether to set a coupon code or not for your promotion.
Let the Customer Select the Products of the Bundle directly in the Cart
The extension allows you to display promo blocks in the cart (and in any CMS page of your choice). The promo blocks show the products of the bundle, and let the customer configure and add the products to the cart, directly from within the block. Once the customer clicks “Select and Add to Cart” button next to the promo block, a popup shows up. The popup lets the customer choose the products of the bundled promotion. If there are products with custom options or configurable products, it lets him select their options.
That is, the customer adds the missing products of the bundle directly from within his cart. This helps to increase the order value, preventing cart abandonment.
The promo blocks also mark the already added products with catchy “V”s, encouraging the customer to add the missing products of the bundle even more.
Use 3 Different Types of Discounts
The extension allows you to choose one of the three possible discount types – fixed price, percent discount and fixed discount.
- Order 2 pizzas + a drink for $20.
- Get 20% discount on buying a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.
- Get $10 discount on buying a bag and a piece of jewelry (a necklace or a bracelet).
Upsell Cart Hints and Invalid Coupon Guiding Messages
The extension allows you to display upsell hints in cart. Those hints encourage the customer to upsell his order – to add more products in order to get his bundled discount. That is, if the customer has few products in cart, and some products are missing for a bundle, a hint message will show up in cart, telling the customer that he can add those products, in order to get the bundled discount.
- The ongoing promotion is “Buy 2 t-shirts, a pair of pants and a hat for $30”. The customer adds one t-shirt and one pair of pants to the cart. In the cart he sees the message “Add one more t-shirt and one hat, to get a set of 2 t-shirts, one pair of pants and one hat for $30 only!” – this message is the upsell cart hint.
- The promotion is “Get 20% discount on buying a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.” The promotion has a coupon code. The customer has a t-shirt in his cart, and he tries to apply the coupon code. The coupon won’t get applied, because there is no pair of shorts in the cart. But the following message will show up – “Add one pair of shorts to cart. Then try applying the coupon again. You should get the set of one t-shirt and one pair of shorts with 20% discount!”
Display a Popup on the First Customer Visit
The extension makes it possible to display a popup telling the customer about the promotion. Just choose the image for the popup, and it will show up as long as the promotion is active. It will show up only once per customer – on his first visit in the website.
Use Customer Attributes, Customer Order History and Custom Options in the Rule Definition
The extension makes it possible to use customer attributes, customer order history and product custom options to define the conditions and the products of the bundled discount. That is, you can use customer attributes or the customer order history in the conditions of the promotion. And you can use custom options in the conditions of the products of the bundle.
- Customers, who have at least 2 paid orders from the last 10 days, get 10% discount when buying a bag and a watch.
- Customers, who have been registered to the website after 2/3/2017, get 2 t-shirts and a pair of pants for $20 only.
- Get $20 discount on glasses with shaded lenses (shaded lenses is a custom option) and a case.
3 Discount Description Types
Choose one of the 3 different discount description types – rule label only, rule label and product names or a comprehensive description. The first two allow you to display the rule label and the product names that the discount was applied on in the discount description. The third is the “comprehensive description” – it uses a simple language to explain the customer about the discount that was applied, and about the products that are involved in the discount.
The promotion is “Get 20% discount on buying a t-shirt and a pair of shorts”. The customer has a Layla Tee (t-shirt) and a Maxima Drawstring Short (short) in cart.
The “rule label only” description will be – “Get 20% discount on buying a t-shirt and a pair of shorts”.
The “rule label and the product names” description will be - “Get 20% discount on buying a t-shirt and a pair of shorts: Layla Tee, Maxima Drawstring Short”.
The comprehensive description of the discount will be – “Got Layla Tee and Maxima Drawstring Short with 20% discount”.
- Ability to skip products that have a tier price or a special price
- Ability to limit the maximum discount, or the number of discounted products per promotion
- Mass delete cart rules through the cart rules grid
100% Open Source
Free lifetime support
25 days money back guarantee
By purchasing a license of the extension, you also get free software updates for a lifetime. We are already working on new cool features which will for sure improve the usability of your website. And all this is free for you!
I have more questions, how can I contact you?
You can send us questions/requests to email@example.com, or contact us through our contact form in the website. We will answer you as fast as possible!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Added the ability to display a promo block (in cart or a widget) for a bundled promotion
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build