Create “Buy one, get one” promotions and coupons
OverviewBack to top
One of the most famous promotions that are being used in ecommerce websites is the BOGO – the “Buy one, get one” promotion. Currently, out of the box, Magento has a limited BOGO functionality – it only allows applying the BOGO discount on the same product. That is, using the Magento core functionality, you can only create a promotion where customers who buy some product, can get some quantity of the same product for free (or with a discount).
The BOGO Promotion extension makes it possible to create flexible BOGO promotions, which can be applied to different products. That is, using the extension you can create promotions where a customer who buys product A, gets product B for free (or with a discount). You can also set up any quantities to the products. That is, “Buy X amount of Product A, and get Y amount of product B”. The extension also allows you to choose from various discount types – a percent discount, a fixed price and a fixed discount.
The BOGO Promotion extension uses the Magento cart price rule engine for the BOGO promotions. Therefore, it gives you a great flexibility in products definitions. You can use categories, attributes and more to define your BOGO products.
Examples of BOGO promotions:
- Buy a hat, get a tie for free
- Buy 2 t-shirts, get a pair of pants for free
- Buy 3 XL t-shirts and get a pair of XL black shorts for $10 only
- Buy a necklace or a bracelet and get 2 ties with $10 discount each
The extension also helps you to encourage your customers to use the discount, by displaying hint messages in the cart, telling the customer what discount he can get if he adds certain more products to the cart.
Examples of cart hints:
- Add one more t-shirt, to get one pair of pants for free!
- You can now add one tie for free!
- Add one necklace or bracelet, to get 2 ties with $10 discount each!
Key Features of BOGO Promotion Extension
Easily create complex BOGO promotions
The BOGO promotions are created within the cart price rules. That is, a BOGO promotion is a cart price rule, and the products of the BOGO are defined using the cart price rules engine. This gives you a great flexibly when defining the products of the BOGO. For instance, you can use categories, attribute values and more.
- Buy any Adidas pair of pants, and get a water proof watch with 10% discount
- Buy 2 pairs of Ray Ban glasses and get a black hat for $5
Create BOGO Coupons
Using the extension, you can set coupon codes for your BOGO promotions. Since the extension uses Magento cart rules, you can choose whether to set a coupon code or not for your promotion.
Use 3 Different Types of Discounts
The extension allows you to choose one of the three possible discount types – percent discount, fixed price and fixed discount.
- Order 2 pizzas and get a drink for free.
- Buy a pair of shoes and get 3 pairs of socks with 20% discount
- Buy any piece of jewelry that costs more than $100, and get a designers bag for $50 only
- Buy 3 packs of notebooks and get a $10 discount on a school bag
Upsell Cart Hints and Invalid Coupon Guiding Messages
The extension allows you to display upsell hints in cart. Those hints encourage the customer to upsell his order – to add more products in order to get his BOGO discount. That is, if the customer has few products in cart, and some products are missing for the BOGO, a hint message will show up in cart, telling the customer that he can add those products, in order to get the BOGO discount.
- The ongoing promotion is “Buy 2 t-shirts, get a pair of pants for free”. The customer adds one t-shirt to the cart. In the cart he sees the message “Add one more t-shirt, to get one pair of pants for free!” – this message is the upsell cart hint.
- The promotion is “Buy 3 packs of notebooks and get a $10 discount on a school bag”. The promotion has a coupon code. The customer has 2 packs of notebooks in his cart, and he tries to apply the coupon code. The coupon won’t get applied, because there are only 2 packs of notebooks in the cart (instead of three), and no school bag to apply the discount on. But the following message will show up – “Add one more pack of notebooks and one school bag to cart. Then try applying the coupon again. You should get the school bag with $10 discount!”
Display a Popup on the First Customer Visit
The extension makes it possible to display a popup telling the customer about the promotion. Just choose the image for the popup, and it will show up as long as the promotion is active. It will show up only once per customer – on his first visit in the website.
Use Customer Attributes, Customer Order History and Custom Options in the Rule Definition
The extension makes it possible to use customer attributes, customer order history and product custom options to define the conditions and the products of the BOGO promotion. That is, you can use customer attributes or the customer order history in the conditions of the promotion. And you can use custom options in the conditions of the products of the BOGO.
- Customers, who have at least 2 paid orders from the last 10 days, get a pair of pants for free, on buying 2 t-shirts
- Customers, who have been registered to the website after 2/3/2017, get a designer’s watch for $20 only, on buying any piece of jewelry in the website.
- Buy glasses with shaded lenses (shaded lenses is a custom option) and get $5 discount on a hat
3 Discount Description Types
Choose one of the 3 different discount description types – rule label only, rule label and product names or a comprehensive description. The first two allow you to display the rule label and the product names that the discount was applied on in the discount description. The third is the “comprehensive description” – it uses a simple language to explain the customer about the discount that was applied, and about the products that are involved in the discount.
The promotion is “Buy 2 t-shirts, get a pair of pants for free”. The customer has a Layla Tee (t-shirt), an Iris Workout Top (t-shirt) and a Karmen Yoga Pant (pant) in cart.
The “rule label only” description will be – “Buy 2 t-shirts, get a pair of pants for free”.
The “rule label and the product names” description will be - “Buy 2 t-shirts, get a pair of pants for free: Karmen Yoga Pant”.
The comprehensive description of the discount will be – “Got Karmen Yoga Pant for free for buying Iris Workout Top and Layla Tee”.
- Ability to skip products that have a tier price or a special price
- Ability to limit the maximum discount, or the number of discounted products per promotion
- Mass delete cart rules through the cart rules grid
100% Open Source
Free lifetime support
25 days money back guarantee
By purchasing a license of the extension, you also get free software updates for a lifetime. We are already working on new cool features which will for sure improve the usability of your website. And all this is free for you!
You can send us questions/requests to email@example.com, or contact us through our contact form in the website. We will answer you as fast as possible!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
First release of the BOGO Promotion extension