Handle stock, purchasing and order fulfillment tracking across multiple physical locations and multiple Magento setups from one Megaventory account!
OverviewBack to top
Megaventory is a US software company established in 2010 which develops megaventory.com, the state-of-the-art web-based, inventory and order management software aimed at small and medium businesses. Clients from more than 40 countries around the world are using it and support for Magento by means of this extension has been provided since January 2014. More information about Megaventory is available at https://megaventory.com.
If your business relies on the Magento platform, integrating it with Megaventory will bring you superior inventory and order management while keeping your products and clients synced across Magento and Megaventory over multiple physical inventory locations in real-time. As of the latest extension version, multiple magento installations are supported as well!
The 'Multiple Location Inventory Management' extension by Megaventory upgrades your Magento eshop so that you are able to handle orders from your clients more efficiently. Essentially, it syncs incoming Magento orders with Megaventory where you can track which stage they are at (verified, shipped, invoiced, closed). Megaventory tracks inventory levels for your Magento products and syncs that information so that it can be displayed on the eshop's frontend for your clients' reference. Similarly, returns can be handled via Megaventory and relevant information can be displayed in your Magento backend for the sake of your clients. Product, client, shipping and other information is synced in real-time across the two services by means of this extension. Multiple locations as well as connecting multiple Magento eshops to share their inventory is also supported.
Important note: This extension itself is free but must be used together with a subscription. Merchants can sign up here
Pricing is as follows
Starter (1 user, 1 location, 300 product codes): $9.90 USD / month
Business (5 users, 5 locations, 5000 product codes): $49.90 USD / month
Corporate (10 users, 10 locations, 20000 product codes): $99.90 USD / month
Custom (More than 10 users or 10 locations or 20000 product codes): available upon request
What this extension can do for you: With Megaventory your Magento site can be upgraded in the following very significant manners.
1. You'll be able to show in real-time your products' availability in your Magento frontend based on actual stock levels
2. You can connect more than one warehouses, stores or other types of locations at your disposal and the stock representation in the Magento frontend will be correct
3. Once an order arrives in Magento you'll have the capability to process it properly from verification to shipment to closing in the Megaventory backend ensuring a best-practices approach in running your eshop
4. A lot of the information in one system is automatically synced to the other as necessary saving you significant time you would otherwise be spending making double entries
5. Additional functionality such as bundling, returns, etc is also seamlessly handled
How the extension works: This extension by Megaventory will create an additional section in your Magento admin panel where you can admin the extension from. In order to use the extension you'll need to enter a few initial settings and perform an initial sync with your Megaventory account (both one-off tasks). Following a successful sync you will either access Megaventory to fulfill and manage your orders or login to Magento for the usual functionality. In any case, double entry is eliminated and any relevant information which can be synced is transferred in the background by the extension.
Examples of cases when the extension might be used: Typical use cases of the 'Multiple Location Inventory Management' Magento extension are for Magento eshops which have seen significant growth (many orders per day) and need help in tracking the status of each order and the location of its associated products. Managing physical products is the core usefulness of the extension (but services are also supported). Typical examples of using the extension are either retail or wholesale businesses handling apparel, electronics, hardware, furniture etc - these are only some of the verticals supported. Businesses needing to track manufacturing are also able to benefit from the production tracking features (which are also applied in scenarios where bundling/kitting products together is necessary). Multiple Magento eshops which share the same inventory is also supported.
Detailed features for the extension:
- Multiple Locations
- Sync Inventory across Multiple Magento Installations
- Multiple Users
- Sophisticated User Permissions
- Stock Alert Levels
- Manufacturing Module
- Inventory Returns
- Tracks Supplier Availability
- Full Data Import/Export
- Serial Number Support
- Get Sales Orders from Clients
- Send Purchase Orders to Suppliers
- Prepare Sales Quotes for Clients
- Contacts Management
- Order Editing
- Multiple Currencies
- Partial Shipping & Receiving
- Create Bill of Materials
- Allocate Components to Work Orders
- Bulk Processing of Work Orders
- Return of Defective Components
- Full/Partial Receipt of Finished Goods
- Track Work in Process Cost
- Assign Labor Costs per Work Order
- Work Order Cancellations
- Work Order Printouts
- Multiple Level Production
- Bulk Assembly Processing
- Inbound/Outbound Movements
- Availability Levels
- Gross Profit
- Inventory Value
- Fully Customizable
- Business Intelligence ready
- Share Reports among Users
- Drilldown Data Capable
Documentation: Full documentation about the extension is available here: http://megaventory.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/1000144445.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.4 126.96.36.199 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- support for notification of customer via email in Megaventory
- support for splitting large volumes of sync data to prevent timeouts
- improved user deduplication based on name and email
- Magento Marketplace compliance